Outtake 4

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. All rights reserved. Except as permitted under the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

©2007 – 2011 Katrina Meade

Laurel, Goddess of High School

Freshman year. This is it: the defining years. The year to change the rest of my life. Lucky for me I had a hot sophomore boyfriend who was on the Varsity Football team as this year’s quarter back. Martin Ritter, the love of my young life. We have been together for a few months now. I have known him my whole life and I just know that we will be together forever. He is my prince, the one I will marry. My day dreaming was interrupted by my clumsiness.

“Hey watch it,” snapped the brunette I just bumped into.

As I was about to retort a familiar voice called my name, “Laurel over here!”

I grinned and ran over to Mikayla Rodriguez and Breeana Simmons, my two best friends in the entire world. Mikayla was a beautiful Spanish girl with shoulder length raven hair and warm caramel colored skin. Her parents were from Spain and she was born her a year after they moved here. Her brown eyes were warm and soft. She had a spicy attitude fueled by her Latin blood. Her complete opposite was small blonde Breeana. Bree’s child-like round green eyes smiled at you from underneath her cropped hair. Situated nicely against an ivory face spotted with freckles. Bree is the softy and is often called a pushover. I love her dearly.

“Oh my God! Can you believe it? Finally high school students!” Breeana crowed, doing a little skipping-jump as we walked into the school.

“I know, it is really exciting,” I sighed, looping my arms between Bree and Kay. “So do you think we will become popular?”

“Duh, I mean you are dating the hottest football player,” Bree drawled as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Mikayla rolled her eyes. “I really don’t care, as long as I graduate, my status in high school doesn’t matter.”

Warm hands grasped my waist tightly pulling me against a hard chest. I giggled and looked up into the soft brown eyes of my cute boyfriend. His blond hair hung in his eyes and he smiled softly. “Hey baby.”

“Hi,” I whispered, standing up on my toes pressing my lips against his.

His smile widened after I pulled away. “So ladies, shall I give you a tour or can I steal my girl before class?”

“Steal away,” Mikayla exclaimed dragging a drooling Breeana away.

Martin grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the five rows of lockers in the atrium. He walked all the way to the far side and pushed me into the corner. His strong arms trapped me between him and the wall. His face lowered and he kissed me harder than before. My arms locked around his neck, fingers twining into his silky locks. A group of giggling girls walked past and all of them sighed the same thing. “Oh, I wish I was her.”

I giggled and kept on making out with my boyfriend. I am so going to run this school.