Chapter 2 (Part 1)

"You sure you're okay?", Liam asked the blonde as they were walking down the hall towards their first class the next Monday. Liam was Perrie's closest friend, and she trusted him greatly...so that's why she told him about how she almost drowned. He was worried at first, then offered to beat Jake up, but has now gone back to being worried after Perrie told him he didn't need to do that.

"Yeah...and it was my fault anyway. I was the one dumb enough to trust him.", she replied, hugging her textbooks closer to her chest.

"Don't say that! He's an ass, and so are all the other idiots on the team. Don't say that you deserved anything those dumb asses did to you."

"Thanks Li."

"No problem, blondie."

Perrie groans and pushes him by his shoulder playfully. "You know I hate that name."

"Why do you think I still use it?", the boy replied while sticking his tongue out. Perrie just laughed, happy that she had a friend like him. She was always surprised that a boy like Liam was considered to be in the same category she was. He was a handsome lad, his mind was bright, and he was always cracking jokes. She knows that he used to be part of the 'populars', but he stood up against them because he didn't like how they picked on others like Perrie. For that reason, he got sent straight to the bottom of the social scale, but he didn't exactly care. She just didn't understand why they treated Liam so poorly like that, he was a good guy.

Her thoughts were interrupted when her eyes met another pair's, light blue and dark brown clashing as the girl got closer and closer. Her heart started to pump faster, fear starting to overtake every fiber of her being when the other girl didn't look away, her gaze still fierce as she approached with a purpose.

Before Perrie could say anything, the girl had pushed Liam away from her target, wrapping her hand around the blonde's wrist harshly to drag her away to somewhere private. Once they entered the vacant bathroom, she pushed Perrie inside and locked the door behind them.

"Look here, blondie...I don't know what game you're trying to play with Jade, drowning and all that shit, but it needs to stop.", Leigh-Anne growled, making Perrie cower in fear against the wall across from the other girl. "You can't get any closer to her, so I suggest you stay away from her before I have to force you to."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb with me! You two have created a bond, and I don't know what she's told you, but don't you dare think you can get away with it this generation."

"I d-don't u-understand..." Leigh narrows her eyes at the shaking blonde, and in the blink of an eye she's in front of the girl, her forearm against her neck as she pushes her back into the wall, intimidating her. Perrie's still stuck on the speed in which Leigh-Anne got to her, not feeling intimidated, more curious if anything.

"She's told you the legend, and now you're going to try and save her. Well guess what? I'm not going to let that happen this time around."

"What are you talking about?", Perrie asks, surprised that she hasn't stuttered. Leigh-Anne's hold on her loosens, and her eyes soften as she backs away.

"She hasn't told you anything...has she?", she says more to herself than to the blonde.

"Told me what?"

"Shit.", the older girl mutters under her breath, and Perrie looks at her suspiciously. "Just forget I said anything, alright? If you dare breathe a word of this to anyone, I will end you, got it? Especially Jade! Don't tell her anything about our conversation."

"Why not? What the hell is going on?"

"It's nothing, I just...she's just my best friend is all. You're stealing her attention away from me, and I don't like it when I have less than others. The more I get, the more pleased I am, so you and Jade's new little friendship is really putting a damper on things. But...just forget it."