eight

double update?? i think yes.

IMPORTANT: i changed the cover and the title from 'weirdo~alex ernest' to 'ineffable~alex ernest'. i jus wasn't feelin it anymore. same story tho.

ree ree ree.

Fucking stab me in the neck with a fork. I slapped the stop button on my alarm. I did not want to go into work. There were always so many creepy dudes at the bar. It's Sunday, it shouldn't be crowded.

I looked over to the clock next to my bed. 5:08. I had to be at work by 6:30. "Ughhh!"

I kept my work uniforms in a specific place so that they wouldn't get mixed up with the rest of my clothes. I grabbed my black skinny jeans and white polo, and crossed the hall into the bathroom. After stripping, I stepped into the shower and let the hot water run over my stiff muscles. Maybe I should start working out. All I do is sit around all day long.

After doing what I needed to do, I pulled my hair up into a ponytail, and did some light makeup.

"Gi! Are you ready?" I yelled out to my roommate as I exited the bathroom, a cloud of steam following me out.

"Yeup, lets go," she grabbed the car keys and her jacket, while I just grabbed my small backpack.

"Where's your 'friend'" I said after she started the car.

"He had to head out." She replied with a sigh.

The rest of the ride was in silence. I looked at my phone whenever I got a notification; None that particularly peaked my interest.

We finally pulled up in front of the bar. I slammed my head against the dashboard.

"I don't wanna go." I grumbled.

"Well, you gotta. Call me when you get out, and I'll get you, ok? Then we can chill when we get back home."

"Fiiiiine," I opened the door and stepped outside. The temperature had dropped, and I really wished I had brought a jacket just in case.

~~~

"Give me a round of your strongest shots. I don't wanna be able to remember my name." A man said as he took a seat at the bar.

"Rough night?" I asked him as I began mixing different alcoholic beverages.

"You have no idea.." I studied him from the corner of my eye. He had curly light brown hair. Stubble dotted his face, and I could see he had some tattoos on his arms, because he was wearing a t-shirt.

"Here ya go. Four shots for your troubles." I placed the glasses in front of him, and he quickly downed every one.

I stepped towards the next person, found out what they wanted, and gave it to them. But I felt like someone's eyes were on me.

"You look a bit too young to be a bartender," I heard a voice say as I wiped the countertop after some drunk person knocked their drink over.

I turned towards the man from before, who seemed to be studying me. "I don't usually work as the bartender, but our usual bartender called out sick, and I had to cover." I explained. He nodded. The liquor surprisingly seemed like it hadn't hit him yet.

"What's your name?" He asked. I looked around to make sure nobody needed my assistance, before deciding to converse with him.

"Piper. How 'bout you?"

"Names Justin, but most people call me JC." His phone buzzed and he looked over to it for a second.

"That alcohol hit you yet?" I smirked.

"Not yet, surprisingly." JC directed his attention back towards me.

"That means it'll hit you like a bus," I snickered as I walked over to a woman who was trying to get my attention.