two

The smell of liquor hit me like a smack in the face. The party music was already giving me a headache and I'd only been there about 0.5 seconds. Gigi and I stood in the living room, surrounded by drunk and high strangers.

"I knew this was a bad idea..." I mumbled to Gigi, who looked like she had just stepped into Narnia.

"No, this is fun!" Gigi cheered, shaking my shoulders. I rolled my eyes.

"Cute guy at 4:00!" Gigi squealed in my ear as we neared the makeshift bar someone set up using cardboard boxes. I turned my head and saw whoever Gigi was talking about. He just looked like any other guy Gigi would go for; brown hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. He was pretty attractive, I'm not going to lie.

"Go talk to him," I said, lightly shoving her in his direction. Her eyes flashed with alarm, and I could tell she was thinking of a ton of "what ifs". I guess she realized arguing was useless (and she really wanted to talk to him), so she gave up and walked over to him, leaving me all alone.

I grabbed a drink from a cooler on the "bar", and walked over to sit on one of the brown leather couches. I sat and drank my drink, silently bird-watching Gigi across the room. After a couple of minutes, I started to feel a little buzzed. I knew I'd have to be the one to drive home, so I decided to stop where I was. I took out my phone and decided to scroll through my Instagram.

"H-Hey cutie," A guy said to me, his words slurred.

"Hi." I said, not looking up from my phone. I could feel his eyes burning through my skull, and I just wanted him to walk away. Just don't pay him any mind and he'll go away, Piper... I thought to myself.

"Why d-don't we g-go somewhere private to t-talk?" He said, hiccuping between some of his words. Stay calm..

"No thanks." I said, still keeping my head down. I could tell this guy was getting upset.

"I wasn't asking." He growled and grabbed my arm. An alarm went off in my head.

"Fuck off!" I yelled as loud as I could, but nobody seemed to hear me. The music was too loud and there were too many people talking to notice this 5'1 piece of chicken shit being dragged by a very large, intimidating, drunk guy. Or so I thought.

"Get your hands off of my girl!" I heard a voice yell, and suddenly Mr. Asshole's hands were no longer on me.

"T-This your girlfriend?" Asshole asked a blonde guy who I assumed was the one who yelled. The guy could see my confusion so he just gave me a just-go-with-it-I-am-trying-to-help look.

"Yeah, and I suggest you get the fuck away from us!" Blondie said, shoving Asshole away from me. I had just been standing there like a rock, so I decided to play along.

"Oh my gosh babe!" I said and flung myself into Blondie's arms, pretending to cry. Asshole quickly strode away, muttering under his breath.

"Thank you so much." I said, stepping away from the guy after I knew Asshole was gone. He shrugged like it was nothing. I ran my hands through my hair, still breathing heavily after the whole ordeal. I put my finders to my temples, breathing deeply.

"No, I am so serious, I could've gotten raped. Thank you so fucking much-" I paused. "Wait, what's your name?" I asked. He smiled.

"I'm Alex, what's yours?" He asked.

"I'm Piper." I said with a smile. I was finally beginning to calm down a bit.

"C-Can I get your number?" Alex asked, rubbing the back of his neck. I nodded. He quickly took his phone out of his pocket and handed it to me. Before he could put his number into my phone Gigi ran up to me.

"Piper I got his number!" Gigi squealed as she walked over to me and Alex. When she saw my face, hers fell.

"Piper what happened?" She said grabbing my cheeks. She gave Alex an irritated look. "What did he do?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"Nothing, Gi, he helped me. I'll tell you more when we get home." I said quietly. I handed Alex back his phone, and dragged Gigi away.

"TExt mE!" I yelled behind me and pulled Gigi out of the house.

~~~

A/N: heyyyyy i don't have much to say besides i am going away for a few days so i probably won't be posting, so bear with me plz. anywhore i hope you have a great day!

- imjusttrxsh <3