A Walk in the Park

"You OK Love, what were the tears?" He kisses my temple and pulls my hair back to look at me

"No babe, I was just ecstatic, it wasn't nerves this time," I blush, sighing and breathing him in.

"Well aside from the distraction we do have to get moving to meet the surprise, hop up and get dressed for walking and being outside, we are going on a hike. A friend of mine is coming from town and meeting us there. We have about an hour but I want to finish packing lunch."

"Wait I'm supposed to be taking care of you and stuff. sitting up I protest

"Rav, it's just a couple sandwiches and putting fruit and water in a lunch bag."

"Don't forget the Oreos... you sugar monster

"I have no idea what you are talking about, I don't eat that processed stuff." If I know one thing by now it's his fake offended voice 

Oh, really H, I've cleaned your room and emptied the garbage, do I need to hire the mystery mobile gang to solve the who's been eating mint crème cookies?

Well, love, I do have a sweet tooth, and you won't let me taste you 24/7 I have to make do somehow, shamelessly making his favorite obscene gesture with his tongue.

Ok, I'm going to shower, if we are hiking I have to be able to walk unless you want to have to carry me the whole way. Where are we going?

We are hiking the pinnacle, Ed told me about it, he's done it before when he was in the state.

Wait do you mean Ed, your friend as in Ed Sheeran? He posted the pic of the view people online went crazy!

"Yes, we have to hurry if we are going to meet him."

"You are introducing me to your friend, isn't that more complicated."

"It doesn't have to be Rav, don't over think it's a hike with a friend of mine. Be yourself and I'm not hiding anything from him."

Surprisingly I'm not nervous as Harry introduces me to Ed, and after some lad's ribbing along the way we make it to the top

Surprisingly I'm not nervous as Harry introduces me to Ed, and after some lad's ribbing along the way we make it to the top. Ed has Harry snap a pic for him to post online, recreating his previous shot from a few years before. 

Harry and I agreed to have Ed and his tour manager head back to the Inn with us for a quick bite and to just relax before he has to leave to meet his tour bus later. 

I put together some wine, cheese, fruit, crackers, and spreads for us all to nosh on while Harry and Ed catch up. The talk turns to music and Harry grabs his guitar and plays Ed a few snippets of what he's been working on.   A handful of things that are just rough sketches of songs, some he's played before and some he's not. 

Ed is really impressed "Harry that one is fantastic, you wrote it by yourself" 

"Yeah, that's kinda the idea of being here, to challenge myself to write on my own, I had to know I could do it, my worst critic is always in my head. I'm pretty happy with that one." 

"I can really hear it H, you have worked hard. "

Harry beams as the two of them talk in a shorthand they have developed. 

When the time comes for Ed to leave he hugs us both and whispers a thank you in my ear "he hasn't been this relaxed in ages he must be comfortable with you."

Harry teases... "get off mate your engaged." 

As the door closes Harry throws me over his shoulder and says, time to shower Rav, and I'm still hungry.