Checking In

Raven please I need you to help me out, it's only for a couple months, I swear he won't be in the way and he won't be a disruption I know the renovation is almost done but it will be worth your while he will pay you to rent the whole Inn including meals. The kitchen is back online right? You can experiment your new menus.

Uncle Dean, I don't have time to babysit a punk ass kid, this is just a little Bed & Breakfast, not the Four Seasons and it's just me until I re-open I can't deliver room service at 3 am.

I swear he's so low key I wouldn't send some pain in the ass to bother you, he just needs wi-fi and some time to wind down, no wild drinking or anything like that.

We've known him for 8 years, driving for him and his band; I've seen it all even when he was a teenager. He's very polite, and kind of infectiously funny you two will get along, I'm sure.

I can put the opening off for a couple months if you are sure, I haven't taken any bookings yet, I'm waiting on the downtown buildings to be finished I want them to be done before I have guests again.

Your insurance covered a lot of the costs after the fire but he will pay you 6 months for staying 2 months.

OK that will be great I'll do it, when will he be here?

Sweetie, you are golden, He will be there next week, he's flying into Charlotte and will rent a car. I can't thank you enough, I'll send you his info he really is low key, no crazy food requests other than no white bread, and no pork, you can handle it. His housekeeper from New York will send over some info.

A week later, I open the door not completely prepared to have a six-foot walking ball of charm, in a Harley tee shirt and skinny jeans stroll in the door. The only concession to my own vanity is that I wore jeans instead of yoga pants and spent 3 minutes putting on makeup.

Hi, I'm Harry. You must be Raven he immediately pulls me into a hug.

Thank You so much; Your uncle talked about how comfortable this place is I appreciate you letting me stay, I just need these couple months to work on my own.

Do need Help with your bags?

He said No just have these 2 bags, and my guitar case I'm traveling light. I have some things coming in later this week.

You have the place to yourself, I'll show you around pick what room you want.

Of course, he picks my favorite room, the Ocean Blue Dreams room It also next door to my apartment which surprises me a bit.

I thought you might want to be downstairs.

No, I like this one the best he waves his arm around, the ocean theme pointing to his mermaid, ship and anchor tattoos.

I offer to show him the rest of the house, explaining lunch is ready whenever he wants

Now is fine he shrugs.

We head to the kitchen where I have avocado shrimp salad ready for him.

I hand his plate over and tell him to leave the dishes and I'll come back later to clean up.

He looks at me awkwardly says, have you eaten, please sit and eat with me.

We talk out what I need to prep for the next few weeks, and see if I need to order anything else special for him. We work out that after today I'll cook breakfast every morning and prep every few days and just leave stuff in the fridge for lunch and dinner. His only requests were pancakes once a week and a Sunday roast. After I remove the dishes I show him how the stove works, and where things are around the kitchen.

Taking him outside showing him the back garden with fire pit, hot tub, pergola, hammock, then we head to the basement where I show him the elliptical and small weight bench.

Sorry, I don't have much but I usually go to the gym to work out.

Harry says he likes to run outdoors but this is perfect for now and winks at me.

While you are here I can offer some recommendations if you want to see some things the area, there are some great trails, parks, Dean said you like to walk/hike. There is zero nightlife but if you are trying to lay low it's understandable. But we do have a Drive-In movie theater if you want to check it out there are only a few left in the US. It's kinda part of my job to make sure people have a great time here, please let me know.

I'll leave you alone I'll have dinner ready about 6:30 or do you like to eat later. He says that will be all right.

I like routine and it seems like we have a schedule worked out.

The farmers market is on Tuesday and Saturday if you think of anything else you might want.