Shot Two

Arnav stood there looking at the mother-son duo, giving each other the love.

He felt his heart break thinking about the words he lashed on that innocent soul.

I am sorry, Khushi. I am really sorry. He whispered.

Before Aarav could reach the door, Arnav hid himself and saw him going towards his room.

Resuming his task of gazing at Khushi, he stood there for another ten minutes or so, trying to muster enough courage to go infront of her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Khushi. Khushi heard her name and from the corner of her eyes, saw Arnav sitting beside her, in the same posture as her.

Her moment with Aarav had lifted her mood but she was still hurt by Arnav's words.

Buhat bura hon na main? Arnav asked, and looked at her. (I am bad, right?)

Khushi nodded her had, buhat zada. (Very much!)

Two words, just two words and Arnav felt his throat choking.

And I said so much to her! He thought in pain.

Khushi, maaf kar do!? Arnav slightly said, ashamed of the number of times he had to ask her forgiveness.

The number of times he had hurt her!

Khushi didn't reply but kept gazing at the sky ahead, increasing Arnav's guilt tenfold.

Khushi, main janta hon k main har dafa tumhe takleef deta hon. Kabhi baton k zariye aur kabhi apni harkaton k zariye. Lekin jo main ne is dafa kiya hai, wo tu - (Khushi I know that I hurt you every time. Sometimes from my words and other times from my gestures. But what I did today that was just-)

He clenched his fist and closed his eyes in pain.

Khushi looked at him, and saw pain, hurt, guilt and remorse etched on his face.

She let out a long sigh, and said, aur kitni baar Arnavji? (How many more times, Arnavji?)

Arnav opened his eyes.

Kya? He asked. (What?)

Aur kitni baar ap mjhe isi tarhan takleef phnchain ge? She asked innocently and Arnav felt himself burying deep in guilt. (How many more times you will hurt me like this?)

He gulped, trying to moisten his parched throat but before he could continue, she said again,

Kya ap ko waqi lagta hai k hum Aarav ki achi tarbiyat nai kar saken gai? Us ki Ma nai ban saken ga- (Do you really think that I couldn't up bring Aarav in a better way? Can't become his mother?)

Nai, Khushi. Main aisa nai sochta. Main janta hon kay tum Aarav ki bht achi tarbiyat karo gi. Karo gi kya, kar rahi ho. Arnav cupped her face, threading fingers in her hairs. (No, Khushi. I don't think like that! I know you will do good up bringing of his. Infact, you are already doing it!)