forty

A/N: I'm planning to finish this book so here's a new chapter! 

lea | alec

babe, what are you doing?

alec, it's 2 in the morning.

well you're awake.

i couldn't sleep.

prepare yourself for a bedtime story. let me clear my throat first.

haha. i'd love to hear it. 

why aren't you sleeping?

i don't know. maybe i miss you and i wish you were here with me.

aw, you poor thing.

that's all i get?

i miss you too :(

when did you reach home? did you reach safely?

just two hours ago. 

it's just that the house is too silent. mom would play some good old frank sinatra at night because it put her to sleep. i'm used to falling asleep that way so i can't sleep without it.

well you can play some music right now.

i haven't been to her room since it happened.

..alec, i don't know what to say.

or do you want me to sing for you? fly me to the moon was one of my favorite songs when i was a kid.

but be warned, i sound like a dying whale when i sing.

your voice is the sweetest thing i've ever heard.

awww

god, i miss you. i really wish you were here, lea. i'm not ashamed to say that i actually feel lonely right now :(

alec, i'm lying here thinking about you.

baby.

yes?

i've never felt this way about anyone before.

i'm glad you feel the same way alec <3

 i'm throwing a going away party next week. will you be there?

i'll be moving to massachusetts in two weeks. i'm so excited for college. i can't wait.

of course, i'll be there. i'm excited for you too alec. harvard is a big deal! i can already see you going places. 

thanks lea <3

you okay now? 

yeah.

you had a long day. get some rest. i'll talk to you in the morning.

good night, baby.

good night, baby :)

***

A/N: Okay so I read the book again and I realized it needs lots of editing. I wrote this book when I was 17 and I'm 20 now. There were some pretty harsh comments on how 'perfect' my characters were and I feel like my ability to express my characters has changed. I stopped writing this book because I didn't know where it was going and I didn't like the last few chapters I'd written. I deleted them (they were filler chapters so we can pretend I never wrote them - sorry not sorry xD). 

I'm well aware that I've lost a lot of my readers but can I just say that I love every single one of you who read my book? I went through your comments and I still remember feeling so supported and you guys are the reason I wrote an entire book. (!!)

I've done some changes to this chapter and I'll be writing one more chapter and that will be the end of the book. Expect an update soon ;)

Spread love, Nova.