Chapter 7: Solace

The night starts off slow. Nothing too major happening except the occasional noise of matted paws slapping against the tile floors and even pots and pans smashing together. With an eye on the left door and the tablet in my hand, I scroll through each cam. Checking ever so carefully for any signs of any movement from anyone. So far all I see is Bonnie away from his stage, and I'm able to hear Chica in the kitchen doing God knows what.

      But something catches my attention in the back of my mind. A small reminder of the night before, and the voice that yelled through the darkness and broke down all my fears. I remember it so clearly. I was terrified. Terrified of dying at the hands of these... these... these robots. Robots that shouldn't even be active at night. But never the less, I was screaming my lungs dry. My throat was sore and I couldn't breathe. It was the voice that saved me, the loud, strong, and powerful voice that saved my life, or at least my sanity. However... No one could have been here last night. If someone was here I would've seen them. It's now that I am able to think clearly and able to determine the origin of the voice. It came from Pirate's Cove. The place where that pirate fox lives.

      Without so much as an afterthought I switch the cameras until I'm looking at the purple, star-covered curtains of Pirate's Cove. The curtains remain still, and a small crack lets me see into the depths of the cove's blackness, as well as it's coldness. The darkness seems to engulf everything in sight. Not even the floorboards are visible through the thick blanket of dust that has befallen them. And for a second, no not even a second, I think I see something. A light that shines through the thick darkness. Like the shimmer of an eye. Then the curtain moves. Just a small rustle, but enough to send panic and dread down my spine as something pulls back the curtains. Then for certain, I see the light of an animatronic. It's bright yellow light cuts through the darkness as it stares at the camera. Unmoving. Just watching.

      With a small shriek and jump, I slam the camera monitor down on the desk. Sulking back into my chair and giving off a soft whimper of fear. This fear is replaced by dread as I notice the sound in the kitchen is gone. Replaced by deathly silence. I check the left door first; the light flickers and then goes out. Nothing. Then the right door. My heart drops and a scream frees itself from my core as I look at the glassy, dead eyes of Chica. Peering in through the window, her wide beak open and bearing her blunt teeth.

      With every bit of panic and adrenaline, I rush to the button to drop the door. The heavy metal comes crashing down, putting a few steel inches between me and whatever these things are. Chica remains in the window, staring at me till the light goes out and she disappears.

      My heart is beating a million miles an hour as I open the door to conserve energy. My legs begin to bounce up and down from fear. Why did I come back? Why did I when I knew? Am I that desperate for money, to risk my life for below minimum wage?

      Cautiously I check both doors for any sign of the matted nightmarish creatures before I turn on the cameras and check around the facility. Freddy is on stage. Chica is in the main dining room. And Bonnie is.... oh God..... WHERE'S BONNIE?

      Swiftly putting down the cameras and turning to my left I find the purple rabbit stepping through the door. His feet making loud slapping sounds as each foot hits the ground. I'm paralyzed by fear as I stare at him. He begins to move towards me, making me fall out of my chair and start shuffling back towards the corner.

      I huddle up in the corner and try to wish myself away from this place. At home in bed, dreaming about anything but this. His footsteps become louder and louder. Closer and closer. THUMP, THUMP, THUMP.

      Then there's a clanking noise. Like metal smashing against tile flooring. It progressively becomes louder and louder until Foxy burst through the right door. Slamming into Bonnie with his shoulder. Bonnie stumbles back out the door and into the hall was as the large blast shield door Come falling down, locking me in the room with an unknown variable.