Fate and The Future

Positano would always have a place in her heart, Lia sighed as their private jet taxied the runway. She couldn't help but think about the past two weeks and how happy she'd been. At times, it felt like they were the only two people on the face of the earth. Gone was the intrusiveness of the spotlight, the Pavarotti, and the fans, if only for a moment. Now they were being whisked back into the madness.

Turning her attention to the window, her heart ached as the sunset glistened off the red-tiled roofs of the buildings below. Biting her nails, she thought of what waited for them back home. The intrusions of everyday life would quickly put an end to the bliss she become accustomed to. As if he sensed her worry, Jordan encircled his hand around hers. The warmth of his smile made her forget about everything.

"You alright?" he asked sincerely.

"Yeah. I'm just going to miss this. You and me- alone. Things are going to change once we get off this plane."

"It doesn't have to." Taking her chin in his hand he kissed her gently "Let's promise to come back here- every year."

She smiled but the worry lingered in her eyes.

"I'm yours, Lia. I always have been. Nothing will change that."

"But..." she began as he silenced her with another kiss.

"Don't try to figure it all out. I'm not going anywhere and I sure as hell don't plan on letting you go again. Trust me, baby." He squeezed her hand.

She wished it could be that easy. That they could speak the future and fate would have to obey but she knew better.