Chapter Six

we continue on and grab the weapons, but are stopped by the phone ringing.

"jake, i think tonight, you better answer that." emma tells him.

"okay." he tells emma, handing her his weapon.

we all come back into the room as bronwyn seals us in with a couch. 

"fiona!" Emma calls tossing her a weapon.

i turn and look at Enoch.

"Enoch, i just want you to know, that it isn't your fault, any of it. i want you to keep care of the kids and that... well i love you." i tell him grabbing both his hands and kissing him on the cheek.

"miss avocet." Jake calls and tosses her the cross bow.

"now, children. now that you're all here, there's a few rules. your primary job is to stay safe. leave the hollow to me. i dont want to see any heroics." miss avocet starts telling us.

i grab Enoch's hand to prepare myself.

"3..." 

"2..."

"1." i whisper.

a hollows arm comes through the wall and pulls miss avocet out. jake quickly runs and grabs the cross bow that she dropped. 

Jake scrambled backwards as the hole in the wall grew.

but Enoch, poor Enoch stood in front of us to protect us. 

"no, Enoch. get back!" jake called as Enoch was suddenly lifted into the air. 

"enoch!"

everyone freezes in fear but i set my plan in motion.

i lift my hand towards the doors and send them forward in time to where they become ash.

"children, go!" i yell, they all scramble out but jake.

"get out of the house, now!" i call after them. 

"jake, go i got this." i tell him. i lift my hand, and like i did earlier today, i sent the hollow forward in time and the hollow disintegrates into ash.

"how did you-" jake asks as enoch drops to the ground. i wink at him before telling him to go after the kids.

i run to Enoch and help him up.

"what did you do?" he asks.

"the hollow is dead, but the house is about to be bombed." i tell him. i put my hands on his face before kissing him.

"Enoch... i love you." i tell him.

"why does this sound like goodbye?" he asks crying.

"because it is." i tell him. "i dont survive this battle, but everyone else does."

"no." he whispers and grabs my waist. "no, no."

"Enoch, i must go, and you have to get the children out of here." i tell him. i pull my pocket watch off my neck and check the time.

"40 seconds." i tell him before putting the watch around his neck.

"go, now." i tell him before pulling him towards the staircase.

"Enoch, Go!"

he listens and runs off, while i turn towards the front door and open them, running out. my bombing happens exactly 5 seconds before the bombing of the house. i can hear a voice calling after me.

"Amira?"

"Amira!"

"Amira!"

"no! NO! NO! Amira!"

the trees pass by me as i frantically search for my younger self. i see her, or rather me. the five year old me, running towards the house. i pick her up and run as fast as i can through the forest.

20 seconds.

"it'll be okay." i tell her or myself.

15 seconds.

"be strong, don't be afraid."

10 seconds.

"Amira Rose-Hopkins, dont be afraid. have courage and be kind." 

5 seconds.

"now, run." 

i look up and see the bomb above me. as strong as i can i toss her away, her thankfully not hitting a tree.

i would stop time, but i don't have the watch, so i can't.

stopping time required a large amount of power, without the watch i couldn't achieve that amount of power. 

3 seconds.

2 seconds.

1.

and 5 feet behind me a bomb dropped. the sound wave from the bomb forced me onto my knees. 

then came fire. the smoke started choking me and the fire burned me. and then the explosion occurred.

and in that moment i could only think of my dying word.

the most important thing to me.

he gave me life and happiness.

he gave me a home.

he was my home.

and although we never got to get out of the loop, get married and have 2.5 kids, we were together for 62 years.

that's more then most marriages last.

62 years with the man i love.

yet, somehow we were only 17. 

"Enoch!"