chapter Four

the sound of footsteps followed soon after loud voices in the hallway. soon enough a fiery red head rushed into my room. her face was distressed, upset.

"he's done it." Olive says as i set done my journal. 

"Olive, who's done what?"

"Enoch, he's with jacob," she tells me. "and he's going to talk to victor."

my spine straightens instantaneously.

"Olive, go to Bronwyn, make sure she doesn't find out about what's happening." i tell her, she nods and scrambles off. i stand up off the bed and march down the hall. at the end of the hall was a door to victor's room.  the door to the room was open and i found Fiona outside of it.

"fiona, go play with bronwyn, get her mind off of this." fiona nods and solemnley walks off.

in the middle of the room was a canopy bed, victor was already sitting up, enoch was crouched next to the bed and jake just started to run off.

"Enoch Gavin O'Connor! what in the name of bloody hell do you think you're doing?!" i demand storming over to him. "I know you hate jake, but that is absolutely no reason to bring back victor for 5 minutes! it scares the hell out of Bronwyn and everyone else! most of us have not gotten over Victor's death and you keep bring him back does not help!"

"I will not be going to the field's with you today, so you might as well go alone." i tell him sternly.  i grab his ear and start marching downstairs. "and i swear to god, if you do not apologize to Bronwyn, there will be hell to pay." 

I march down the stairs, let go of his ear and face the children.

"well then. are we ready to go on our walk?" i ask the kids smiling.

-----

it was time, time for me to face one of my greatest fears. the hollow will come in approximately 2 minutes. miss peregrine doesn't know that i do this, and i only occasionally do this. i go to the backyard and see emma and jake spying on miss peregrine over the wine covered wall. 

i reach around my neck and grab a chain. connected to the chain is a pocket watch. the watch was given to me by peculiar with witch like abilities, she had enchanted the watch to help me with my powers. 

i pushed the button on the side of watch and looked around. time was stopped, and everyone stopped with it. 

hugh and millard were playing soccer and hugh was mid jump. i could see enoch staring out of his window right at me. i give a light smile before i hold my hand out to a section of the wall, it starts disappearing as i send it back in time before it was built. i walk through the door shaped hole and head down to the beach where i could see miss peregrine with her bow. she had just shot out her arrow and it was frozen in time. i walk over to the chalk line where i knew the hollow would be.

i hold my hand out and feel the time surrounding the creature. i send it forward in time, i watch as it catches fire and becomes nothing but ash that will quickly get blown away in the wind.

i walk back over to the back yard, recover the wall and press play on time.

"it disappeared." jake says in awe as miss peregrine's arrow hits nothing but ash in the wind. 

emma looks at him in awe. "you can see it, can't you?" she asks. 

i look at them before walking away into the house. i stand in the lobby and place my hand on the railing of the staircase. suddenly the house becomes broken.

debris is everywhere, there's a part of the house missing  and the house itself is on fire. i knew what this was, it was part of my power. i could not only bring an object forward or behind in its time but i could see the past and the future of the object. 

as the house burns i suddenly get really hot. my screams pierce the air as my skin feels as though it's burning, my body feels as though is been blown apart.

and suddenly i'm back. i'm on the ground withering in pain and enoch was crouched next to me. i put my hand on top of his, willing to see his future, needing to know if he survives. 

i sigh in relief, i see his hair blowing in the wind.

Enoch Gavin O'Connor survives the bombing of this household,

but i don't.

soon enough miss peregrine's clock will not be re-winded and the loop of Carniholm, Wales, September the 3rd, 1943 will end. 

the house will be blown to smithereens, me with it. but it doesn't matter, because Enoch Gavin O'Connor lives. 

Enoch survives this horrible disaster.

i feel another hand on mine.

i turn my head slightly and see olive.

i give her a small smile as i realize she lives too. 

"i wish, i could go back and bring some of my dads 'patients' to life to scare him to death, literally." Enoch tells me as we lay on the roof of the children's home watching the stars.

"sometimes, i wish i could get out of the loop and stay this age." i start telling him. "i wish i could grow up and have 2.5 kids with the man i love. i want to grow old and meet my grand kids, i want to be able to tell them the craziest stories that they'll think i made up on the spot."

"and who will you marry outside of the loop and have these 2.5 kids with?" Enoch asks me. i turn my head and see him already looking at me. his eyebrows are pinch together, but his eyes meet mine.

"well, i was hoping it would be you." 

my hand stretches out and entwines with Enoch's.

i send him a small smile.

"really?" he asks surprised. i nod. he leans forward and kisses me softly.

and i look him in the eye and send him a small smile.

"well find a way, we'll get out of this and every loop and we'll have 2.5 kids. we'll get married and i'll see you walk down the aisle in a white dress. we'll find a way, even if it's a thousand years from now."

and i look him in the eye as my eyes close. 

i wish i survived this, but i wont.