Tony's eyes widened in shock. He stayed quiet for a second, wrapping his head around what she just said "Do you believe him?"

Angie heaved a long sigh "I don't know," she ran a hand through her hair pensively "But I need to find out."

"I should have known you'd come to gloat."

Loki felt her presence the second she walked into the room. S.H.I.E.L.D had allowed her to get as close as she wanted — not that they were in a position to refuse her anything, to be honest.

This time the humans had locked him up in a chamber, rather than a cell. He had adamantium cuffs around his wrists and ankles, restraining his movements. They were useless measures; the sad reality being that Loki had no fight left in him anyway.

The S.H.I.E.L.D guard closed the door behind Angrboda, leaving the two of them alone. The chamber was brightly lit and only furnished with two chairs and a table — almost like an interrogation room.

She sat down quietly in front of him, her face tranquil but impassible.

"I want answers," she said simply.

"Don't we all."

"Let's not beat around the bush," she held his gaze for a long moment. His eyes were unusually earnest. She could tell he had no tricks or deceits left to use against her "Loki, is it true? Is my brother really alive?"

Loki heaved a long sigh "I'd lie about many things you know. But not this."

"As if that would be beneath you," her eyes narrowed mockingly "In any case, I won't pretend I forgive all you've done or that I hold anything but contempt for you, but this is Fenrir we're talking about. You owe me that much."

"See that's where you're wrong, I don't owe you anything at all," Loki's face was completely impassible "But I cared for Fenrir. I owe it to him, if anyone."

That was true. Despite all his cruelty and vices, Loki had loved her brother like he was his own. Back when she was his companion — a lifetime ago — it was one of the things she appreciated most about him. He had been particularly affectionate and protective of the child. Even today, it was the only thing that kept her from despising him completely; the only thing that made her retain a hint of esteem for Loki.

"At least we agree on this," Angrboda smirked.

He inhaled deeply and folded his hands together, resting them on the table between them "What do you want to know?"

"Is Fenrir alive?"

"I told you he was."

"I'm double-checking. Can you blame me?" she sneered "I want to know how you can be so sure. No one survives falling off the Bifrost."

"I saw him in my exile, isn't that proof enough?"

"Where?!"

Loki stayed quiet for a second, searching his memories "On Xandar," he finally said.

Angrboda didn't know what to think. Xandar was lightyears away, further than any of the nine realms. How could it be possible that her brother — who had been a child at the time — survived his gruesome accident and made it all the way to Xandar? She couldn't imagine Fenrir, now an adult, being alive and well on the other side of the galaxy.

The Harpy bit the inside of her lip, maintaining a stern expression. She had promised herself not to get emotional. The battle of New York had drained her enough; she needed to keep a sound mind through all this.