Chapter Three

**Dedicated to 4emma4everago, another winner from my character creating comp! ^.^

Yay to another chapter! It's slowly moving along and now you get to meet new characters! If you hadn't noticed, Paylor and Coin from Chap2 were original THG characters. This chapter was a bit of a filler and I was changing it too much and ended up with this. The next chapter will have too many characters to introduce. D:

But enjoy! :)

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter Three

_______________________________________________________________________

Dreaming is an odd thing.

The dream may start off harmless, but it can change and warp into something sinister. And once you start to notice the signs that you walk a nightmare, the monsters come out to play.

I feel the fingers trailing down my arms - the old, the new and the plastic – but I’m on my back, trying to blink away a cloud over my vision, making it impossible for me to see the person that hovers above me. At times, the shadows made it seem like there was more than one person above me. The fingers shiver across my skin, but soon find their way to the heartbeat in my throat. The voices start to echo and jumble together in my ears, but I hear what they say.

"What a pretty face."

The fingers resting on my neck suddenly became like snakes as they wrapped around my throat and squeezed. My eyes watered, the water clearing the cloud from my eyes.

"Hush little girl.”

I scramble to unhook the fingers as Coin's face sneers down at me, her putrid breath and hair blowing in my face. My screams die in my throat as she starts cackling.

"You're never going to win. I'll kill you. I’ll kill you and all the other children in the arena!"

Her fingers tighten and my vision starts to fade.

"Die."

When I come to, first I see two red roses floating above me, with the petal edge painted in gold. They reminded me of a particular pink haired friend named Eura Ambrosa. Only when my eyes focused did I realize they were her eyes. The gold rose petals outlined around her pupil is artificial, but I always thought she was pretty with her red rose eyes and pink hair.

“Eura.” I let out in a croak.

My throat was dry and every breath was harsh and sharp. Eura smiled and lent me a hand as I tried to sit up. When I did, my breath came easier but my head ached. Eura’s flamboyantly pink hair was swept across one shoulder and secured with elaborate feathers and jewels. Her taste in clothing was as fashionable as ever, with her jewel crusted halter dress that ballooned out above her knees. Looking around the room, I noticed that she wasn’t the only familiar face. Many other girls, ten to be exact, also occupied the room. I couldn’t name them all, but some I’ve seen at dinners and parties. The room was as white as the first room the Rebels kept me in, but this time, there were bunk beds lined up around the room. Some girls were huddled in groups, others sat solitary on their beds. The only other girl close enough for me to recognize was Anya Yeo, and the only reason I was able to recognize her was because her father was a regular visitor. Mr. Yeo was the Head of the Science Department, who worked very close to my grandfather. And just like her father, she had teal coloured hair and matching eyes.