Chapter 16: What the hell Zeldris?!

***Meliodas's P.O.V***
Yup. I always hated Bob, that arrogant idiot. 'Well, if it isn't Meliodas, the very runt we were looking for?' He smiled evilly.

Shit. I jumped up and tried to run, but Bob grabbed me by the hair. He lifted me off the ground and I could feel my skin being ripped as he waved me in the air like a ragdoll. I tried to stab him with my sword but Bob just flicked it out of his arm like it was nothing. He punched me in the face and sent me flying into the wall.

Damn Bob and his incredibly too-large-to-be-legally-real muscles. 'well, this is going well.' I thought to myself.

' C'mon. We have to hand him in.' Another demon said, I vaguely recognised him. 'I want that reward.'

'Right, well let's go.' Bob said and he grabbed me by the hair again. 'Walk or I'll tear out your throat.' I didn't have a doubt he wouldn't.

We walked, as suspected, to the torture room. He chucked me down the dark stairs. I landed with a thump and when I heard shallow breathing I looked up in horror to see my friends faces.

Diane and King were tied up with Elaine and Ban, while Elizabeth was nowhere to be seen. They all looked roughed up, and there was a bruise forming on Diane's cheek.

Just then a menacing chuckle echoed throughout the room and Zeldris walked into the room. 'Hello, little runt.'

'Zeldris.' I spat. I don't care about him, as far as I am concerned, he isn't even related to me.

'Now, is that any way to talk to your future king?' Zeldris chuckled. The others gasped in the background.

'What do you mean?' Diane asked. Zeldris scowled and back handed her over her face.

'Shut it, you fat giant. We are demon's, but Meliodas never told you that, did he? The fucking runt is so weak that he wouldn't even tell his so called friends his true heritage.' Zeldris sneered.

'He is NOT weak!' King yelled, fighting against his restraints. To be honest, I'm surprised he's even fighting back, he's so lazy. Well, he IS the Grizzly sin of Sloth.

'Yeah, whatever, little fairy king.' Zeldris taunted him, smiling insanely. 'But let me continue. You see, runt on the floor here is the youngest. But when we read his diary-'

'Ha! The Cap'n has a diary!' Ban yelled out, he sounded drunk. Seriously, Where does he get all the bloody booze from?

Zeldris cast a dirty look in Ban's direction. 'Jeez! What is with you assholes? Don't you ever shut up?!?!' he kicked me in the stomach hard and  slapped me, ignoring everybody else's objection.

'But after we read his diary, Estarossa and I found out something wrong with my late 'mother' will. Why don't you tell them, runt? Tell them what you are and what you will be?'

'I'm the next demon king.' I muttered under my breath, half hoping they wouldn't hear me.

'I couldn't hear you runt speak up!' Zeldris picked me up by the hair and slammed me into a wall multiple times as the others looked over in shock.

'I'm going to be the next demon king, because I'm the demon kings eldest son!' I yelled. The others flinched back and my heart twinged at the fear they felt.

'Yes, you are.' Zeldris spat. 'Your filthy mother  had an affair with multiple different men making us unworthy, with no royal blood in our veins.  But not you. You are actually a royal.'

'To de-throne you, we'd have to kill you. But Esse and I wanted to torture you first. So we simply kidnapped Elizabeth and took your friends. We're going to torture you slowly then kill you.'

The mention of Elizabeth and what they could've done made my blood boil. 'Where is she?!?' I yelled angrily.

'Oh, who, Lizzie? She's just over there. I'll go get her.' Zeldris grinned sickeningly and retreated into the shadows. When he came back, I subconsciously let my demon mark out in anger. Diane's eyes filled with tears and so did Elaine's and the two boys gasped. I saw:

Elizabeth had almost no clothes left on her body, they were all torn up and dirty. There was countless bruises and cuts all over her. I scowled when I saw her 'worthless' flower under her breasts. Her hair was matted and tangled and even when Zeldris kicked her she didn't flinch.

'Hey Lizzie, let's show Meliodas here your tattoo I gave you. It's very important, isn't it?' he grinned. At the mention of my name Elizabeth looked up and her once sparkling blue eyes were full and lifeless, but when her eyes locked with mine I saw a glimmer of hope.

Zeldris grabbed her right arm and showed me it. It said 'He will never love you'. Who is this, who is my crush talking about? She hates me for getting her into this mess. 'Who are we writing this for?' Zeldris prompted evilly. 'Say it.'

'Meliodas... will never... love me.'

with those words my entire body shook. I trembled silently with rage. I fought to control it, the raging demon inside me.

'Don't touch her. Ever.' I threatened through clenched teeth.

'Oh but brother, I already have, more than you could ever know.'

At those words I stood up, I was loosing the battle to keep control. Then, seeing my reaction, he grabbed Elizabeth and kissed her deeply.

'GET OFF MY SOUL MATE YOU MOTHER FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!' My inner demon raged out loud.

And at that moment, I knew I'd lost the battle when I plunged into darkness, my demon taking over me.