Chapter 10: Run Away

Miracle

Nasa hood kami ng kotse, nakahiga at pinapanood ang mga tala sa kalangitan. I missed doing this; feeling nothing but the tranquility of the night and have nothing but peace of mind.

"Brainy."tawag ni Sven mayamaya.

"Hmm."I replied without taking a glance at him.

"If I am not a jerk, will there be a chance that you will like me?"

Agad na napalingon ako sa kanya at hinampas siya sa braso. But he caught my hand and didn't let go of it.

"Ugh. Sven, tigilan mo nga ako sa pangti-trip mo. Ito ang tandaan mo, no ifs and buts because the reality is you are a jerk."nakangising sagot ko.

"Kung sasabihin ko bang gusto kita, beyond friendship, will there be a slight chance that you'll believe me?"tanong niya nang hindi ngumingiti at nakatitig lang siya sa'kin.

"No. You never like anyone. I mean, except when you're trying to get them to bed."walang kiming sagot ko.

"You do realize you're being offensive now, don't you?"he asked, this time he's smiling.

"Have I been not offensive? That would be so sweet of me."I answered sarcastically while smirking at him.

"Believe me, brainy, you're the sweetest soul I've known."

Umayos ako ng higa at hinarap siya para matingnan siya ng maayos.

"Sven, do you need my help on something? You only compliment me when you do."

"What the— Miracle, that is not true. I compliment you all the time even when I don't ask for any help from you."

"That, mister, is a lie. I can't remember you complimenting me without asking something in return."

"That's an accusation, Mrs. Hamilton."

"That, Mr. Hamilton, will be the reason of your death if you won't stop tagging me that."pananakot ko sa kanya.

"Seriously, brainy. I'm offended. How could you say I only say good things to you when I need something in return?"

"Because darling it's the truth. I was wearing my favorite socks one time, you were like "Aww. Brainy, that looks so perfect on you. Cute." Then a minute later, 'Brainy, can you get me Lara's phone number?' Have I resolved your amnesia, boy?"

"That is a coinciden—"

"And no, no. Listen. When Devi saw my socks, she said how terrible it looked on me. At alam mo kung bakit, Sven. Alam mong hindi pala magkapares ang naisuot ko no'n!"

Ang sira ulo, tumawa lang. Bwesit talaga 'to kahit kailan. Nakakaasar.

"I wonder what you were in my life if you weren't my bestfriend."I murmured.

"I'd be the man you'll wake up with every morning on the other side of your bed, 'til lifetime."

"Yuck. Thanks Heavens, you're my bestfriend."

"Ouch."

The place where we stopped at is so serene. Based on my understanding, private property ito at pansamantalang nakasara. Walang ibang kotse na dumaan sa lugar maliban ngayon. Isang kotse ang lumagpas sa'min. Kinabahan ako ng sobra nang makita ko'ng bumalik ito at huminto sa tapat namin.

"Shit. Baby, jump and run at the back of the car—"

But I was slow and one of the men that came out from the car was able to grab me before Sven could get my hand.