Chapter 38: Last Night

Blaze

Patawarin mo 'ko Ry kung kailangan kong maging makasarili. Gusto ko lang maalala na sa huling gabi ng buhay ko, ikaw ang kasama ko't nandito. Ito naman kasi dapat eh. We were meant to be together, until our last breath. Having her in my arms like she was still mine, feeling the warmth of her embrace and the tenderness of her kisses, are so worth tonight. If this may be the last time that I will be with her, then I should make the most of it. No remorse, no regrets.

"We need a volunteer to jam with us tonight."the accoustic singer interrupted my thoughts as I was gazing at the love of my life.

She stared at me and gave me that adorable smile she used to show me before when she wanted to do something no one can stop, not even my disapproval. I returned her a questioning look but she smiled wider this time. Exactly as she stood up, the waitress served our order. In a gulp, she guzzled straight the glass of alcohol.

"Oh. What a beautiful jammer we have here tonight. What's your name?"

Beautiful, she said? No. She's the most beautiful.

"My name is Rylai and I want to sing a song to my..."A twinge of pain surged in my heart as I waited for her to say the words. "my boyfriend from yesterday."she mumbled and chuckled right away. "If you know what I mean."

She was staring at me all those times so people are now looking at me; the other men, throwing me questioning glares. See? They're envious of me because I have the most beautiful woman in this universe—but I let her go.

"I don't want to hear another heartbreaking story, so let's just get on and let the music speak for our hearts."the female-singer said.

Hindi pa siya nagsimula sa pagkanta, naninikip na ang dibdib ko habang hindi ko inaalis ang titig ko sa kanya—sa'kin lang din nakatuon ang mga mata niya. Her smiles used to give me that warm and overwhelming sensation; but now it gives me the kind of pain I wanted to writhe about. They're slowly breaking my heart. Oh sarcasm, is it even mended for it to be broken again?

If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?

If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?

If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call

If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all

Yong linya ng kanta, nagtatanong. Yong mga mata niya, kahit malayo sa'kin, klarong-klaro sa'kin na gusto niyang makarinig ng sagot. But baby, I'm asking the world the same questions right now.

I never know what the future brings

But I know you are here with me now

We'll make it through

And I hope you are the one I share my life with

Kung hindi rin lang naman kita makakasama sa literal na panghabang-buhay, Rylai, then let tonight be my kind of forever. I want to stay in the warmth of your embraces and feel nothing but each other's heartbeats.

I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand

If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?

Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

Her voice... The song... The night... They all fused to give me the most heartbreaking night instead. Habang pinapakinggan ko ang babaeng mahal ko, naiisip kong hindi naman namin kailangang humantong sa ganito. We were made to meet each other, love each other until forever. Sana pala di ba hindi nalang kami ipinagtagpo?