Chapter 8: Tears and Revelations

Monica's P.O.V.

"Monica Clarisse Anderson, get your pretty teenager ass right here." My mom hollered from downstairs.

"Alright, alright, just let me dress up, I'm in a towel!" I yelled back.

Sheesh, what did I do to get a mother like her.

I quickly dressed up in a pair of shorts and a shirt before brushing down my damp hair. I ran to the kitchen to be greeted by the sweet smell of chocolate chip pancakes.

"You've got to tell me your recipe for that peice of heaven sometime. Oh and, thanks for complimenting my butt mom." I grinned and sat down on one of the stools at the breakfast bar.

"Soo, tell me what happened last night. Every. Single. Detail." she emphasized.

"So you screamed my full name just to get me to talk about last night? That's rad, but it was fine. We went out on a white limo, talked, arrived at the ball, I sang and played with their band, danced then we talked with people, oh and Aunt Jenna said Hi, then he took me home, I climbed upstairs, dressed up and slept."

"That's it? No funny business?" she asked accusingly.

"What? N-No! He's my friend not my boyfriend or something." I answered.

She sighed, "Good." then she put 3 pancakes on my plate.

"I have to talk to you about something." she said after a while of eating in silence. I dropped my fork and wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a frown.

"No, nothing's wrong. It's actually very good, to be honest." I nodded and urged her to go on.

"Looks like, I'm gonna be staying here with you since you're gonna be alone. I hired some trusted managers for the lines and I am gonna be staying here, checking my businesses every once in a while. This time, I'll be your mon." she smiled. I opened my mouth and closed it again. I can't believe this. My mom, staying at home, with me!

"Well, aren't you gonna say anything?" she grinned at me.

I opened my mouth for like, seven seconds and closed it again like a fish. I mean, in my sixteen years of living, I never thought that my mom would actually stay here and don't go out often. It was definitely NOT a normal thing.

My mom giggled at my actions, yes, giggled. I opened mg mouth to say a word but came out as a ramble. "What?... Wait, don't answer that, I heard you but I just can't believe that you're staying here, with me! Not Nana, but you! Well, of course not nana, 'cause she already left for good to take care of her grandchildren and live her life, or what's left of it. Wait, that came out wrong, It sounded like Nana's about to die, but she isn't, right?" I rambled, and my mom was about to say something when I cut her off, "Of course she isn't dying, she's as healthy as horse. Well, not literally because, Nana can't run like a horse but the saying goes like that, so I just based it."

"Mony." Mom, called out but I kept on rambling. "You see, I like using idioms and stuff and, and Oh My Girly girl, you're staying here mom. You're actually staying. Maybe we could go bonding and all that stuff."

"Mony." Mom called out again as she held a hand to my shoulder but I kept talking, "Maybe we could have a picnic and sone bondings with our relatives. Then you could forget about dad and you'll marry someone again and he'll become my stepdad, and you could have a honeymoon and I'll have a little sister or brother. Then I won't have to be alone in the house."

"Monica, snap out of it!" My mom shook my shoulders as she shouted those words making me shake my head and look at her.

I bit the insides of my cheek and gave her a sheepish look. "Sorry, I just got carried away and I was excited. But really, can you like, marry a decent guy? Not like the first one, when I mean decent." I said referring bitterly to my "dad".