Chapter 6: Home Alone... Ironic

Monica's P.O.V.

Stupid Morning. Stupid Alarm Clock. Stupid School. Stupid everything!

Why do I have to wake up this early?! Ugh, this is just so frustrating. Monday sucks ba-, I mean lollipops.

I dragged my lazy butt to my en suite bathroom and took a quick, warm shower, just what I needed to wake myself up. I dried myself up and went to my walk-in closet in a towel.

I dressed up in a white, short-sleeved, button-down blouse, a pair of jeans and some flats. I brushed my hair, blow dried it and put it in a messy bun. I applied concealer and my favorite cherry chapstick.

I grabbed my backpack and rushed downstairs. I just sighed and grabbed my house keys. I locked all the doors and went to the garage. I got my Porsche's keys and settled in the car before driving off to the nearest breakfast chain.

When I got there, the chain was almost half-full. I parked my car and made sure it was lock before going in with phone and purse.

"Good morning, what can I get you?" the sweet middle-aged woman at the counter asked.

I looked at the choices of bundles above the counter and ordered my food.

"Okay, that'll be $3.59." Flo, according to her name tag, informed with a smile. I handed a five dollar bill and got my change when Flo called me.

"What's your name, dear?" she asked. Dear, it reminds me of Nana.

"Monica." I smiled.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful young lady. Go find a seat, your food will be served shortly." she ushered me, returning my smile. I sat down on a booth near the window and waited for my order.

While waiting, my phone beeped indicating a text message.

From: Brandon

Good Morning! :-D. I smiled at his text.

To: Brandon

Good Morning. You seem happy.

From: Brandon

Nah. I'm eating breakfast, waiting for my sisters. They take forever to get ready.

To: Brandon

Haha. At least I don't. See you at school.

From: Brandon

K. See you.

As if on cue, my food arrived. I answered with a small "thanks."

I ate in silence, except for the fact that the diner was busy and noisy. After a while, I finished eating. I popped two mints in my mouth to freshen my breath and went outside. I tossed my stuff in my backpack and started my car's ignition before driving to school.

I parked my car at my usual spot and unbuckled my seatbelt. I grabbed my backpack before going out of the car and locking it.

When I looked around the parking lot, I saw an oh so familiar face hanging around with some slutty girls, flirty cheerleaders and popular jocks. Josh, I rolled my eyes.

Just as I was about to walk inside, a car parked in the empty space beside mine. Of course I knew who owned that car and who drove it. He got out smiling.

"Hi Brandon." I smiled back.

"Hey." he pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back and patted his back so he pulled away.

"What's got you all giddy and smiley?" I asked.

"You see, I was invited for a formal masquerade party by my old bandmate but still my friend. It's his girlfriend's birthday on Saturday." he grinned. Then a lightbulb flicked on my mind.