Chapter 7: The Masquerade Party

Monica's P.O.V.

.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·FR!DAY.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·

I looked at my gown in awe. I caressed the soft fabric in my hands. It was indeed, beautiful. It was currently 5:00 pm and my dress for tomorow had just arrived.

I called Brandon up and after two rings he picked up, "Hey, what's up?" he answered.

"The outfits arrived. Am I gonna drop your tux off or are you picking it up?" I went straight to the point.

"Wow. Nice greeting." he said sarcastically.

"Well, you asked 'what's up' so I didn't beat around the bush."

"Whatever smartass. Be there in 10."

"10? Don't go overboard, young man."

"Yes, mother." he played along. I can practically hear him smile on the other line.

"Just shut up and come." I rolled my eyes.

"Jeez, cum already? You didn't even blow me." he joked. I scrunched my face up.

"Ew. Brandon stop being such a teenage boy and stop your darn hormones for a minute." that made him laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll go now, bye." but before he can hang up, I did.

I grinned and picked up my gown again. I put it in front of my body as I looked at the mirror. I twirled making the dress flutter. After some minutes, the doorbell rang. I put my dress on my bed and answered the front door downstairs.

"Hi Br-" I paused as I looked at the person on my doorstep. It was definitely not Brandon.

"Josh?" I continued.

"Hi Mony." he smiled in a way that makes other girls melt. Too bad I'm not one of those girls.

"Not to be rude or anything but what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came by to bring cupcakes. My mom, uh, I told her that you're a classmate and she told me to give these to you." he said looking rather, flushed.

"Come in." I moved aside. He walked in and I followed him, closing the door.

"You drove here to give me cupcakes?" I raised an eyebrow. Last time I knew, they live a few miles away.

"It's not that far actually. We moved in three blocks to your house." he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly with his free hand.

"Oh, okay. Tell your mom I said thanks for the cupcakes and It'd be nice to see her sometime." I smiled and recieved the cupcakes.

"Will do. Are you going anywhere tomorrow night?" he asked.

"Uh yeah. I'm going to a party, why?" he gave me a ridiculous look as if not believing what just came out of my mouth.

"Don't look at me like that. It's Via's 18th birthday and she wants Brandon and I to come."

"Brandon?" he asked, I nodded.

"Yes, Brandon." I answered.

His face fell as he said "oh." I narrowed my eyes at him. Why was he acting like this?

Ding-Dong

I never felt so relieved that the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there stood a smiling Brandon.

"Hi M- What's Josh Reid doing here?" he lowered his voice.

"His mom told him to give me some cupcakes," I held the box of cupcakes up a little to gesture to it.