Chapter 19: I Can Be, If I Want To

--Super duper important note at the end. Please please pleaseeee read it.--

Monica's P.O.V.

"M, hurry up, will you?!" Brandon shouted from downstairs.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" I hollered back with an eye roll.

Running down the stairs with my carry-on in hand, I almost crashed against Brandon.

"B, can you please get my suitcase?" I said, panting.

"Sure, Berrycake. Since you said please." He beamed at me, going up the stairs to my room.

I rolled my eyes at him and carried out my bag to the car waiting outside. When I finished doing that, I got inside again to see my smiling mother going down the stairs in heels.

I smiled, it was impossible not to with the look she had. She looked so happy and radiant. I was only fussing about this because I haven't seen that face ever since the divorce.

"Hey mom. You look happy." I mused with a grin.

"Of course I am," then she began listing off things that makes  her happy, "You're finally coming out of your shell, you're starting to talk to your dad a little, Brandon's nice, I have a date tonight..." She trailed off with a goofy grin.

"Hold up," I licked my lips, "You have a date tonight and you didn't even tell me beforehand? What kind of mother-bestfriend are you?" I playfully said in an accusing manner.

"I thought I was your bestfriend?" Brandon said, slightly out of breath as he descended down the stairs.

I laughed, "You are."

"Well, better not to keep my date waiting. He's almost here. I'm gonna go wait outside." My mom said, trying to slip out of the moment.

"Uh-uh mom. How about we wait together and you introduce me to the lucky guy, eh?" I smirked.

"Er, okay." She sighed, defeated.

"Do we really have to? Aren't we gonna run late?" Brandon whined.

Mom's eyes visibly brightened. "Oh, right! I don't want to-"

"We have a couple hours to spare, B. Besides, all I'm gonna do is talk to the guy. Ya know, get to know him and all." I said, waving them off.

"If you say so." He muttered.

"Great," I clapped my hands two times with a grin, "-oh and you're free to do what you want around the house as long as it won't cause a ruckus that I have to handle." I told Brandon. He cheered up and started to walk towards the kitchen.

"Now, tell me something about your date, mom."

|°_°|°•°|°_°|°•°|°_°|°•°|°_°|°•°|°_°|°•°|°_°|

Ding dong!

"I'll get it!" Mom jumped up from her seat.

I sprung up, "Oh no! I will. Just go sit down there and relax so you can calm your nerves and all." I said mischievously as I held mom back.

She rolled her eyes but she sat down on the couch, as elegantly as usual.

I walked giddily to the door, my boots making light footstep sounds along the foyer hall.

As I opened the door, I really didn't know what to expect so you can almost imagine my shock when I saw a muscular man standing at my doorway.

I examined the guy. He had this not-so-effortlessly-messed-up brown hair, these mysterious dark eyes, some light stubble, perfect jawline and as I said, he was muscular but not too muscular that will make him look like a replica of John Cena, he had a 'just right' build. He was also wearing a suit, his tie matching my mom's shirt.