Tyler Hoechlin - Anniversary

Requested by Ebaa_al ; I hope you enjoy it! I do apologize, I don't know why, but probably because I haven't writting a Tyler one-shot in a while and because I'm not really feeling it, I've got the feeling that this isn't my best work. I'm sorry.

————————————————————————

You woke up to the sound of your alarm clock. It was saturday. But not just any saturday, no. Today was your 6 year-anniversary with Tyler, your boyfriend. Unfortunately he can't be here today due to the fact that he is on the other side of the country to shoot scenes for his upcoming film.

"Goodmorning, you hairy thing." you said to your cat, Bowie, when he crawled onto your bed on the empty spot next to you.

Bowie meowed and you chuckled.

Soon after that you got out of bed and got ready for breakfast. In a couple of hours you were able to ring Tyler.

*

At 12:30pm there was a knock on your door. You didn't expect anyone and wasn't really keen on their timing; Tyler could call you any minute.

You walked up to the door and opened it, "(Y/n)! Haven't seen you in a bit." your best friend, Lila, stated. You laughed, "Sorry, been pretty busy.."

She walked into your house without hesitation and grabbed your purse. "Come on, we're going out." You were a bit taken aback by her actions, "I'm sorry Li, but I can't. Ty will ring me any minute.."

She didn't seem to care. She grabbed your keys before she took a hold of your arm and took you with her outside.

"We're having lunch at Jackson's Diner." she said before the two got into her car.

Jackson's was your and Tyler's favorite diner. That's where you met each other all those years ago.

As soon as you got there you got out of the car and made your way over to the entrance, but Lila stopped you. "Oh, by the way, congratulations." she said and winked before letting you inside.

You laughed and thanked her. You noticed something was different inside. As if all eyes were on you.

Lila poked your side and pointed to your usual spot. You stopped breathing as soon as you noticed who was sitting in 'your' booth.

"Tyler!!" You yelled and ran over to him.

"Surprise!" he laughed before he picked you up, hugged you thightly and kissed you

A few tears left your eyes. He whiped them all away, "Don't cry, sweetheart." he said and put his hand on your cheek as he rubbed it with his thumb.

"I am just really happy to see you." you confessed and looked up to him with watery eyes, he smiled warmly at you, "I'm very happy to see you, too."

Without noticing, Lila had already left. She arranged this with Tyler, that's the only reason she came up to your house to take you here.

"Congratulations, baby." Tyler said before giving you another kiss. "Congratulations, my love."

You and Tyler took your seats in the booth. Tyler acted a bit different, like way happier and more nervous than usual, but you decided to ignore that and enjoy your time with him instead.

"How's filming going?" you asked to break the silence. Tyler just didn't stop smiling.

"It's going great. Another couple of months to go and I'm all yours again." He said while taking your hand with his and squeezing it.

"I'm looking forward to that time, then." you said with a huge smile.

"I can't keep it to myself any longer!" Tyler said and stood up very suddenly.

You were a bit taken aback and had no clue what was going on, the huge smile on his face never faded.

"(Y/n)," he started and made his way in front of you before kneeling down on one knee. You threw your hands in front of your mouth and the tears were already making it's way down your face.

"I have known you for a very long time now." He continued, the people around you were all watching with huge smiles, "And in all these years we've been together, I only started loving you more and more. I don't even know if that's correct English, but that's not what I want to talk about right now."

You chuckled, tears still rolling down. He grabbed a small box out of his pocket and opened it in front of you to reveal a beautiful ring.

"I now realize that I had it all planned out very well and it went better in my head.." he laughed nervously, "but I just want you to know that I love you very much. Every minute away from you aches my heart. I know this tiny ring won'g fix that, but I just love the idea of calling you my wife and maybe even starting a family with you. So please, (y/n), will you marry me?"

You internally screamed when you finally heard those four words you had been dying to hear. You jumped into his arms and just whispered a tiny yes; you couldn't say anything else, you were too caught up in the moment to be able to say something better.

You got yourself together and parted from his embrace, "Yes, of course I will silly! I love you so much!" you said and kissed him passionately, Tyler meeting you halfway.

The two of you broke the kiss and he gently slid the ring onto your finger.

He looked you in the eye, "I love you so much, you don't even know."

You chuckled, "I think I have an idea.."