Ben Lamb - Alone

'I don't understand.'

You felt the tears in your eyes, but you were strong enough to not show them. At least, if that's what people call "strong".

'(Y/n), you know I love you. I just want to hang out with the boys tonight..'

Ben still acted as innocent as he could be.

You and Ben had been through a diffuclt week. He had been trapped in his parents' house, because they needed help with the household. Which caused the two of you to not be able to see eachother for a week. You happened to have your own things to do, like college and work.
You don't blame him for helping them, of course not. They got a little older every day as well as your father. And you knew that if your dad would ask you for help you'd immediately help him, even if it meant you'd be trapped in his house for a week.

'You just got back from your parents, I've barely seen nor spoken to you since. And now you wanna go out with them..? Can't you go tomorrow? I've missed you, Ben. I just want you to stay the night at home.'

You saw dissapointment in his eyes. Wondering whether it was because of what you said or not, you asked him once again.

'Will you, please, stay home tonight?'

He hesitated, but then turned to grab his keys and turned to face you again.

'I'm sorry, baby. Tonight is my night with the guys.'

It was obvious that he felt bad, but that didn't make you feel any less angry nor sad. You weren't really sure which one you were at the moment.

'Are you really gonna ditch me?'

You looked at him, quite speechless.

'I know everyone has that rule that your girlfriend won't ever be a higher priority than your best mates, but.. tonight, really?'

He came up to you to give you a kiss, but you moved away. You knew he loved you and he knew you loved him. But he also knew you had always had it very hard when it came to trusting people and loving them.

'Come on, (y/n). Don't act like this.. I'm not ditching you forever. Only tonight.'

He smiled a little.

'It's Edward's birthday tomorrow and we wanna celebrate it tonight. I'll be back; tomorrow I'm all yours and you're all mine.'

Ben put his hands on your cheeks.
You looked up to face your man, he was pretty tall.

'Will you, please, let me go tonight?'

You couldn't not say "yes".

'You always know how to convince me.'

'I love you more than anything and anyone, you know that right?'

Your knees got weak, every time he said those kinda things to you.

'I love you, too.'

Ben kissed you passionately before leaving.
*

You know he meant everything he said, but it still felt like he left you alone tonight. Because he actually did, not to hurt you, but still.

'Then I'll just watch "A Christmas Prince" for the 100th time.'