After an hour, Logan was flying another after another. I thought I'd gotten all, but one was still in air, and it sliced my right arm. I gasped in pain; the blade was really sharp. I immediately covered my arm so blood wouldn't fall down, but it bled through the cracks between my fingers. It was beginning to sting, but I was okay.

     Logan rushed up to me. "Are you alright!?" He was very worried. "I went too fast, didn't I?"

     I shook my head. "No, no, it's fine. I'm fine. I should go see Jean."

     He put his arms around me. "I'll go with you. You're losing a lot of blood."

     I looked down at my arm. He was right. The blood was a waterfall, and it just kept coming out. It was all over my top. I stopped in place and pushed Logan out of the way. I pulled off my top; I was wearing a sports bra so I didn't feel embarrassed. I wrapped it around the wound.

     "Good plan," Logan said.

     I heard his voice inside my head as we started walking again.

     "I never realized how skinny she is..."

     I looked down at my stomach. You could see my rib cage. I knew I was skinny, but was I as skinny as he sounded?

     Jean helped me out as soon as we got into the room. She'd stop the bleeding and cleaned it up. Then she wrapped bandages around it. "That was a pretty deep cut. It'll scar, unless you want to use cream."

     I shook my head. "I'll be fine with a scar."

     It's not that I had anything against cream stuff, but I liked to see scars. It made me look cool, like I fought a lot of people.

     "Alright. But I think you should stay down here and rest for a bit. You've lost a lot of blood; I don't need you passing out."

     I nodded. "Okay."

    She walked away.

     I pulled my knee up to my chest and wrapped my arms around it. I rested my chin on my knee cap and sighed.

    "What's wrong, kid?" Logan asked.

    I shook my head. "Just thinking that of course this would happen to me."

     "Just be glad it wasn't worse," he pointed out. "I'm really sorry, by the way."

     I shrugged. "Don't worry about it. It won't kill me."

     He smiled. "That's good."

     Claire and Jamie ran into the room. "We heard what happened!" Claire was breathless, like she'd just ran a marathon. "Are you okay? Some of the kids said your tank top was covered in blood!"

     "I'm fine, Claire. Relax. Jean fixed me up."

    Jamie looked at my arm. "Why did the Professor let you train like that?"

   Logan answered that for me. "Because in the real world, there's stuff like that. Would you like cute little kid training and be thrown into a situation where you could be killed?"

     Jamie didn't respond for a moment. Then he said, "No. I wouldn't."

   "Exactly."

     "Besides, no pain no gain, eh?" I smiled.

    Claire laughed. "Oh, Andi."

    Logan's phone beeped. He looked down at his phone then said, "I gotta go. I'll come back later, or you find me if Jean lets you out early." He kissed my forehead. "Rest, kid."