Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vivid Nightmare

Start from the beginning

James- Jazmin you don't look good..Baby sit down..

Jazmin- I can't James...I don't feel good..

James- You're shaking.....*Screams...Doctor I need a doctor!!!

Nurse- ...What is it? Did she get hurt also?? There's blood in her shirt..

James- No that's not her blood..She's having trouble breathing and her body is shaking!!

"Honey you're having a panic attack I need you to relax and breathe deeply..Okay?" She said to me while handing me a small cup of water. James instantly had me sit down while he kneed down by my side with a worrisome look on his face. "Look at me..Breathe in and breathe out...Do it with me okay?..Ready?" The nurse spoke in a calming voice as I nodded a yes with my head. The entire time I held onto James hand tightly almost breaking his bones in the process but that didn't seem to bother him at all. He seemed too worried about me to think about his hand.

Nurse- Inhale...Exhale..

Jazmin- (I slowly did what she told me..Soon after I felt my body relax a bit)...Thank you..

Nurse- Are you feeling a little better? Or do you need me to give you some medication?

"No it's not necessary I'm feeling a lot better.." I replied trying to hide my real feelings. How could I possibly feel better after what happened to Jake. There was nothing else that mattered to me in that precise moment than Jake's life. The kind nurse gave me another cup of water before asking me again if I needed medical assistance. This time James answered for me saying I was going to be alright by his side. She smiled at both of us and walked back to her desk.

James- (I sat next to her as she leaned her head against my chest I hugged her gently)..Baby if you're feeling a little better I'd like to know what happened...

Jazmin- I-I was going to go look for you but I stumbled onto Jake..He was outside my front yard..He didn't get to tell me what he wanted because that's when it all happened..

James- Was that a direct hit for him?..

Jazmin- No...There was a car that was speeding from the corner of the street and onto our drive way..Then the driver took their arm outside the window he or she directly aimed a gun at me...James someone tried to kill me!...and Jake ran towards me taking the bullet and saving my life!....I was suppose to be the one fighting for my life right now!! Not him!! *Cries...I...I don't want to lose him James...

James- (Her words cut me but I knew she was feeling vulnerable so I tried to let it go and just comfort her).....Baby he'll be fine alright?..

Jazmin- How do you know that James!

James- He survived a shot once already remember?...That is one lucky bastard....Plus if he wants to see my girl again that asshole will fight to live another day...

Jazmin- *Smiles...I love you James...

James- (I gently kissed her forehead)...I love you too Tiger...

Jazmin- Baby I need to find out how Jake is doing..

"I'll go find a doctor you stay here.." He said as I nodded while he gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving my side. I then turned to look towards the E.R. Behind those closed doors in a room somewhere inside Jake was fighting for his life and it was all my fault. I couldn't deal with the guilt and knowing that there was a possibility that I would never see him again. That just maybe the last time we saw each other was precisely couple minutes even seconds before it all happened. We barely crossed any words with each other. What was I going to hold onto? The memories we lived before we broke up? I couldn't deal with the idea of losing Jake over a gunshot that was meant for me. Things just couldn't end this way. He didn't deserve to die..Especially this way..Not because of me.