"Don't be," He whispers, "You finally yelled at me. I was surprised, and... that fucker hurt you. Or he's planning to. I know it. I hate being lied to. Just... stay."

Why do you care?

"Yes, sir," I mumble into his shirt. I really like his shirt. Probably just because it's his. I really, really don't want to move. Suddenly, he jerks himself away and I barely contain my disappointment. He's down the hallway in a flash, so fast I don't get to see his face at all. What the fuck is that about?

"So I got some new movies," He calls from the other room, "Feel like popcorn?"

"Yes, sir," I reply and he comes back a few minutes later with a stack of movies that I'm supposed to choose from. I don't have a clue what any of them are about. He pushes me onto the couch and shakes his head.

"You're such a strange kid," He says, plopping down on the spot next to me, "I mean, you hover in doorways until you're invited in, you don't sit down unless a seat is offered, you say 'yes, sir' and 'no, sir' all the effing time –you're unnaturally polite."

"Um... sorry, sir," I respond, because really, what else am I supposed to say? He looks at me and snorts.

"Brat," He mutters, but this time it isn't like he's calling me a name. His voice is calm and soft and 'brat' is almost an endearment. I sort of like it now. Everyone calls me 'Jayden' or 'Jay', but 'Brat'... that's Seaton's word for me.

"So which movie do you want to watch?" He asks me, raising an eyebrow. I choose the one with Adam Sandler in it. I didn't think it was possible to base a movie around a remote, but this dude pulled it off.

The movie's funny and interesting–

But all I can think about is Seaton's arms around me.

-

He orders pizza a few hours later. Half pepperoni and half green peppers and olives. He's got weird taste in pizza, but I think I can live with that. He's a really neat eater too – uses a napkin to hold his pizza and all. But he is the Chopstick Master, and apparently obsessively tidy, so I really expect no less from him.

It's sort of... cute.

Wait –cute!? I wouldn't have ever described Seaton like that before now. I mean, he's tall and rude and intimidating –not cute. Never cute. Well, apparently not never, of course, since I just thought that, but still. Hot, yes. 'Tall, Dark, Handsome' package, definitely. But cute? No. That just doesn't fit Seaton. It's just... I find the way he is... just right.

Why am I even thinking about this?

"Fuck, brat, what're you thinking about?" Seaton says, snapping me out of my reverie. "I mean, you've been staring at that piece of pizza in your hand for about five minutes already. I don't see anything particularly interesting about it."

"Yes, sir," I put the piece down. Hey –didn't I say I wouldn't like pizza anymore? That insane metaphor, right? This one didn't taste bad.

"Don't call me that anymore," he sighs, throwing his crust on the plate. It's his fourth piece –he never eats the crust. I look at him, blinking.

"What?"

"Don't call me 'sir', anymore," Seaton orders me. The movie plays on without us, the second one we're watching. I think someone got shot. Could be fireworks, or a balloon popping, I'm not really paying attention. "Do you even know my name? Besides Mr. Andrews?"

"..." Of course I know your name.

Seaton. Seaton Andrews. That guy I can't fucking stop thinking about. The guy I'm falling in love with. The guy I don't have a chance with.