Blood Gulch: Red Team or Blue Team?

Blood Gulch. Motherfucking Blood Gulch. Why the hell was I the one who had to go here? There wasn't anything here but a bunch of idiot simulation troopers. And apparently, these idiots couldn't handle the other idiots at the other end of the canyon. They needed help from the big guns and I happened to be the closest, or so I was told. I slowly walked down the hill toward the Red Base. As I got closer a gun shot rang out.

"Not so fast," someone yelled. An orange soldier appeared on top of the base.

"Grif!" another yelled, "What in the sam-hell are you doing?"

"Stopping an ambush, Sarge," the Grif guy called back, sarcastically.

A red soldier appeared next to the orange one. "You a blue?" he asked.

"No," I called back.

"Holy shit," Grif said, "It's a girl."

"Holy shit," I mocked, "It's an idiot."

"What do you want?" Sarge yelled.

"What do you mean what do I want? You guys are the ones who called for me."

"What?"

"Did you or did you not call Command for help?"

A maroon soldier joined them, "That was three months ago."

I shrugged, "I don't control that shit. I just go where I'm told. If you don't need me then fine. I'll go help the other team." I turned on my heel and started toward the other base. I didn't pay any more attention to them as I walked across the canyon. If the other team didn't need my help, I was going to go up into the cliffs and live in the caves. Then snipe the idiots because I had nothing else better to do.

"Hey!" I called as I come up to the other team.

They all turned to me with guns pointed at me.

"Whoa," I said throwing my hands up, "I'm here to help. The other team called for help, but apparently don't want me. So, I came over here. Do you need help or not?"

The aqua one put his gun down, "We could use another man. Think about it, Church, some diversity. And she doesn't seem like a mean chick." He stepped toward me. I could just imagine the grin behind his helmet, "Hey there baby, I'm Tucker."

I nodded toward him, "Nice to meet you, Tucker. I'm Agent Tennessee."

"Freelancer?" the light blue one asked.

"Yeah. You have experience with them?"

"You could say that..."

"Which one?"

"Agent Texas," the darker blue one said.

I froze. Tex was here. Oh man, maybe this shit hole wouldn't be so bad. "Agent Texas is here?"

"Yeah," the lighter blue one said, "About fifty yards beyond this medic and six foot under."

I frowned even though they couldn't see it, "You could have just said she was dead."

The guy shrugged. The purple guy, the supposed medic, pointed his thing at me.

"Do you mind?" I questioned.

"Well, everyone here checks out," the medic said, "I'll come back and check on you before I leave the canyon. Can you tell me which way to the Red Base?

"Why?" Tucker asked, "You said you weren't gonna fight 'em."

"I'm not," the medic replied, "Resources are low so I'm on loan to both armies to help whichever side needs me at the time."