Fourteen: The Real Talk

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head and checked my phone at Tristan's message. "Tiss is close," I said. I put my phone back in my pocket and walked over to Shayne. "You're actually a good friend, Shayne. Not to Anthony," I joked which made Shayne laugh. "But you're a good friend to me and definitely a good friend to Damien."

Fuck, did I just friend-zone him? He nodded his head and moved out of the way so I could walk out. I waved by to him and I opened the door to leave his apartment. As I was walking down the stairs, I was trying to think of ways to talk to Anthony about Miel and what was going to happen with our relationship, but reality kicked in and I kept groaning to the pain in my crotch.

Fucking Shayne Topp.

In all honesty, I regretted what happened with Shayne and myself only because I was still with Anthony. I hate myself for even having sex with Shayne twice and that time was all on me. Shayne's body just called to me and I couldn't help myself. Shayne was actually good at.... no, I can't say that. I'm still with Anthony.

I walked out of the apartment building and started walking along the sidewalk. I was looking around for Tristan's car until my phone went off. I took my phone out of my pocket and answered the call. "Tiss?"

"Hey, I believe I see your faded pink hair," he said.

"Fucking ass," I said with a laugh. I looked over and see Tristan's car pulling up towards me. Thank god he didn't watch me walk out of Shayne's apartment building or he definitely would be suspicious, but Shayne was right. I would tell Tristan everything that happened.

Tristan pulled up on the side of the road and I opened his passenger door and got in. I looked at him and waited for him to drive off, but he just sat there looking at me. "Where the hell have you been?" he asked me.

"Tristan, can you please just drive?" I asked him. "I'll explain as much as I can, but I need to get home and take a shower. That's all I'm asking for."

"Fine," he said, putting the car into drive and driving off. "Please explain because I had everyone in my ear all yesterday asking where you were and I'm having to figure that out my own goddamn self." Lectures from Tristan weren't my favorite thing because he really acted like a big brother sometimes. "Do you know what it's like having Anthony and Boze in your ear constantly asking where you were as if I was suppose to know."

"Tiss..."

"And I call Shayne and ask if he knew where you were, but he didn't and even offered to come find you but he didn't even do that. It was all put on me and now I finally get a call one day later from my best friend asking for a ride and being completely normal as if she didn't just run away from everybody that cares deeply about her. I-"

"Tristan, fuck!" I yelled out. He stopped talking and I looked over to see the anger on his face. He was really pissed at me and I hated that. When Tristan was pissed, he was pissed and he has been pissed for a while by the look on his face. I knew he hadn't been sleeping either since his eyes were baggy and by the looks of them, he was crying. I didn't think running off was a big deal.

He took a deep breath and shook his head. "I just want to know what happened. What happened with Ant, where did you go, and where you stayed? It can all stay with me and if I need to, I lie and say you spent the night at my house last night when I was sleeping so I couldn't hear you come in."

"You're a sweetheart, Tiss," I said as I looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry for making you worry and everybody else worry; including Anthony. I shouldn't have ran off the way I did, but I needed time to think and be with myself." I chuckled and looked at him. "I even drove to dads work and talked to him."

"What happened, Veronica?" Tristan asked me. I sighed and looked out the window.

"Anthony was hanging out with Miel behind my back for almost a month or maybe even over a month. Who knows," I chuckled out. Tristan shot me a look and I nodded. I couldn't look at him though. Not when I was admitting everything that has happened yesterday and this morning. "We got into a big argument about it and I couldn't even look at him. The fact he made me feel terrible for the way I acted to Shayne that night yet he didn't even tell me about Miel."