vi. Like Father Like Daughter

' She's the type of girl who can be so hurt but still look at you and smile, even with the weight of the world on her shoulders she doesn't complain, because what's the point? Why bother when nobody will listen? '-

Upon arriving at the newly named Avengers tower Carter skipped of the jet like the previous conversation with her new guardians hadn't happened. 

The others hurriedly got of after her and watched as she observed the place with a blank face before shrugging like it was nothing and looking back at them all with a raised eyebrow.

"That's it?" Tony wondered how the hell a person could look at this place and just shrug.

"Nothing special, unless you count the high-rise building complex and the fact its powered by your ark reactor using natural energy that can keep the place running for a year on its own, then yeah nothing special." She shrugged again blankly as Tony blinked at her and the others looked on impressed "Sorry, idetic memory, I read about this place somewhere." 

Flopping down on the couch Carter put her arms behind her head and breathed in deeply before breathing out again with a satisfied grin on her face. 

Hearing a case of sorts open caused her to turn to the side and see Natasha holding the ankle bracelet she'd be required to wear.

"You were serious with this shit?" The dark haired girl asked as she sat up and kept her eyes on the anklet. The avengers shared a look wondering how this would go "I'll pass thanks." Carter muttered boredly.

"There isn't a choice anymore, your considered a danger and --" Clint sighed before Carter interrupted the man.

"What? Am I considered a threat or something?" Carter sneered at the man who shuffled awkwardly under her suddenly hostile gaze.

Tony sighed as he ran a hand over his face and looked back up at his daughter with a pleading look as she smirked "Please, just let them put it on then we can all talk and get things sorted out." Tony begged tiresomely.

"Talk? I don't -- Son of a bitch!" Carter hissed as the infamous Black Widow sprung forwards and attached the anklet to the now angry teen.

 Usually she'd keep a straight face and walk away, that wasn't exactly a choice right now though considering if she walked away they could just track her using the anklet.

"Now we talk." The Captain crossed his arms over his chest causing his muscles bulged.

"About?" Carter sighed leaning back with her arms crossed behind her head, ignoring the throbbing in her ankle as she lazily looked around at the superheroes gathered around her, all still looking as unsure as before.

Well, all except Natasha who looked about ready to kill the teen if she stepped out of line again.

"Rules, we can start with that." Bruce said from the other side of the room were he was leaning against one of the walls, holding his glasses in one hand and nervously biting at the end of them.

"Alright, so obviously you can't leave --" Tony began, his face screwed up in concentration as he rubbed his hands together.

"No shit Sherlock" Carter mumbled sarcastically, something her so called father chose to ignore instead of getting in a fight on their first day together. 

"Right uh, anyone else?" The famous billionaire asked looking around at his fellow heroes. 

He didn't know what to do, he could barely look after himself, that's why he had Pepper most the time. 

Of course he'd been hoping to find his daughter but thinking about it and her actually being there were two entirely different things.

"No more cussing" Steve Rogers stated after a moment of thinking.

Carter looked up at the American hero like he was an idiot, her eyebrows were furrowed and her mouth slightly parted as she stared at the man. 

"Are you stupid Rogers? I'm not fucking following your rules if they are seriously that -- " Carter spoke with a raised eyebrow.

"Carter --" Tony sighed again as he looked at his daughter who only rolled her eyes before interrupting.

"No, okay, I've known you for all of five minutes, maybe we share some blood after a one night stand gone wrong but I'm not just going to start acting like some lap dog each time you or your friends says sit, so don't get used to it because as soon as this damn thing is no longer on, I'm getting as far away from you as I can." Carter seriously replied causing Tony's mouth to fall open in shock.

Everyone else excused themselves quickly seeing how heated the moment was getting, although they didn't venture far and ended up in the hallway, It was the thought that counts.

"Look kid I -- I don't know how to be a dad to you any more than you know how to act around a parental figure... It's just we already missed so long -- How old are you? That's besides the point" Tony sighed seeing just how much he was managing to completely destroy the chance he had "I just want to make up for lost time and have you trust me, I can be there for you with whatever you need." He finished as he sat down on the couch with his head in his hands.

Carter looked at the man for a moment, studying him as he breathed heavily with his hands over his face and dark brown hair ruffled slightly from stressing and running his hands through it.

She wasn't sure if she could trust him, hell, he just gave her ankle a collar.

But she was willing to try, she wasn't going to change herself, she was going to be her, and she was going to let him be him. She wanted to get to know her father, she might not admit that out loud but it was true.

Finding herself sitting down next to the man whom she shared DNA with was odd, but the moment she sat he lifted his head to look at her.

"I'm uh, not great with the whole feelings thing, I've never had to be but I -- I guess I wanna get to know you, your my Dad after all -- Is that awkward as hell referring to you as Dad, It feels like it." Carter rambled for a minute with creased eyebrows, missing the small smile that spread across Tony's face as he watched his little girl have her first seemingly normal moment since he met her.

To Tony, Carter seemed closed of, she protected herself with sarcasm and dry humour, she knew how to avoid giving away information and she had wings -- yeah he would need to ask about that -- he'd need to ask a lot actually.

But they had time, and it may not have seemed it then but the two usually sarcastic people sitting next to one another would make it work.

Because they were so much alike, like father like daughter as some may say.