v. A Fallen Angel

'And the demons she hides are all that she knows' -

It wasn't even an hour later that Carter was sitting back in the Shield facility. 

This time though they had upgraded her from a small white room with a desk and two chairs to a full maximum security cell in a secluded area of the facility.

This room was even worse than the previous one. She didn't even have a chair to sit on, just the floor, it reminded her -- in the worst way -- of a cage.

She watched half amused half bored as Fury and Stark argued about what to do with her, The Director claiming that until she was cleared and not considered a danger that she'd stay locked in the cage like room.

Whilst Tony made it clear on just how young and impressionable Carter was and how she could take this all the wrong way, leading to that danger being caused.

It wasn't for about ten minutes of sitting on the floor cross legged by the glass that finally they decided -- more like the jack ass director demanded, she was left where she was for a while.

After they left Carter sighed and fell backwards, laying on the cold white floor feeling real damn stupid for not having any control over her secret.

One that could easily get her locked up for life.

Thinking back on when it had happend a short while ago she groaned covering her face as she recalled her stupidity.

..........

Breathing heavily Carter stood up on shaky legs and glanced back at her now stretched out black wings in pure annoyance as she let out an agitated and shaky breath. 

Reaching back she lightly caressed her left wing sending shivers all throughout her body as her wings fluttered at the attention, leaving a dark red matted patch on her wings due to the blood on her hands.

As if only just remembering were she was Carter looked up hearing shouts from Agents near by as they moved in on her with guns in their hands, each one pointed right at the teen who was seemingly unfazed by the situation.

In reality it was quite the opposite, these men were reckless and likely to pull the trigger if she was to raise her hand again.

"Hey! Stop!" Tony shouted once he noticed what was happening. 

He -- along with the other Avengers, stepped forward like a protective shield causing Carter to raise an eyebrow in silent question.

"Take her inside now! To the containment room!" Fury demanded, just like that the argument commenced as Avengers objected and agents dragged Carter inside.

Quickly retracting her wings due to the narrow corridors and the people who had only come to get a look at her, Carter sighed and groaned as her back re-adapted to the intrusion of her bones re-positioning in her back.

The feeling was one of extreme discomfort but she knew one day that she'd have to get used to it. It was always going to be inevitable, just currently avoidable.

When they reached the room Carter smirked as four Agents stiffly escorted her into the cell and flinched reaching for their guns when she rolled her shoulders "I'll take that as a compliment" She said with a grin as they shoved her into the cell, aggressively slamming the door shut.