Chapter 15: Boss Is Back

Evan's POV

Wednesday came quickly and I was finally heading back to my company.

I had flown out of the Cayman Islands on Tuesday afternoon when I received an important phone call from Josh that stated that I would have to be present on Wednesday morning to seal the deal with a fortune company we'd e been targeting for over a year now.

I pulled into my private parking spot in my black metallic Audi. I took the private elevator up and arrived at my floor. I stepped out of the elevator and adjusted my tie as I strolled towards my office. I was stopped on the way there by an overwrought secretary.

"Mr. Hollen. Welcome back sir. Sir, these are the papers... and the documents... and the dates and times of the..." she was going on and on.

I scooted past her and went directly into my office without a word.

For Pete's sake, what the hell happened when I left?

Miss Blackman knocked. I knew it was her.

"Come!" I commanded.

She entered and walked quickly up to my desk.

"Mr. Hollen, these need your signature and here are the messages from the callers and the rescheduled dates for the meetings and the..."

She was going on and on like the secretary.

What the actual fu**! Didn't I leave Brayan in charge? Why is all this directed towards me as soon as I arrive?

I was furious but I got into work mode right away. Being the CEO of such an organization, one has to sort the problems and find the solutions to everything to the best of one's abilities.

"Miss Blackman, I'll really need you to work closely with me today so we can get all this sorted out as soon as possible. I don't want to disappoint the investors," I said to her as I arranged another seat at my desk for her to sit down beside me.

We read through the paperwork and messages.

Josh Brayan had cancelled every single meeting we were supposed to have with very important clients. He was capable of starting, handling and ending a meeting without me. He was a damn Vice CEO.

I really will be making changes in this organization very soon. I don't care who finds it upsetting. I'm done having this kind of nonsense. He left everything for me when I got back. So what was he doing for the past days? Sitting on his ass in my office?

"Reschedule this meeting for today at 1:00 pm. This one also at 3:00 pm. Reschedule these three tomorrow for 11:00am, 2:00pm and 3:30pm; these three shouldn't be long. It's only paperwork to be signed and a contract to look over," I said as I looked at the meeting information that had been postponed.

I heaved a sigh and raked my fingers through my hair. I was exhausted just looking at the work load on my desk. I still had paychecks to get signed as well.

"You know what? Fuck this! Call a meeting for all the floor managers and every single vice personnel. Boardroom, right away!" I got up from my desk and left my office.

She went to inform the people I wanted to see.

I walked towards the boardroom and sat down. I wasn't having this at all. I looked at my Rolex; it showed 10:30 am.

People began to file into the room like bees. Everyone grabbing a nearby seat and some standing against the wall, fear in their eyes and body language. Josh Brayan was among them. There was chattering and whispering, but when I cleared my throat you could hear a pin fall, that was how quiet everyone grew. Fire was in my eyes and I knew I was about to spit fire at them also.

"I don't like to be disappointed by the people in my own company," I started as I rose.

I mouthed to Miss Blackman to have a seat in the chair I was sitting in-- she was standing against the wall with slackers. She came over quickly and quietly and sat down.

"Last week I was on a vacation with my family in the Caymans. When I came in this morning, absolutely nothing was done in my absence, not even a meeting was held." My eyes fell on Josh because he knew that statement was directed to him. "Everyone of you in here, except for my personal assistant, you're all fired. Turn over your badges and get out of my company!"

There were gasps and shocked faces from everyone. They placed the badges on the desk and walked out the the boardroom in total silence and rue.

What's the purpose of having them around if they weren't good for anything?

I allowed Miss Blackman to leave and get back to her work. I stayed behind in the boardroom and signed the paychecks for my employees.

At lunch, I walked outside for some fresh air and to meet up with Zack. I walked along the street then I saw her holding hands with some guy. I recognized his face and I hated him since the first day I'd ever crossed paths with him.

What the hell was she doing with him and where are they going?

I trailed behind them and saw them going into a small restaurant on the other side of the street. Anger and jealousy burned in me and I knew exactly why.

I texted Zack the change of plans of the venue.

Today, I'll be eating in that little restaurant too.

____________
A/N

*Please Don't Forget To Vote Everyone* 🤗