Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family

Start from the beginning

Mom: "Awww... You two are so cute together." She says smiling wide. I scratch the back of my head feeling my cheeks heat up.

Dad: "So, who can we help you find today Korra?"

Korra: "Well, I'm actually looking for M/N's sister, or your daughter. You see, M/N, he uhhh..." How do I explain this without sounding like an ass?

Dad: "Let me guess, he did something stupid, not necessarily bad, he just didn't do it the safest way."

Korra: "I mean, well, yea." He laughs again and points over to the two girls playing with the ball of ice.

Dad: "Laura and Evelyn are over there." I thank them and run over.

Laura: "Hey... Aren't you the avatar?" She asks me while bending the ball of ice back at her sister.

Korra: "Yup, and your Laura, right?"

Laura: "I mean, I could be. Depends on what you want."

Korra: "I need you to heal M/N." The ball of ice flys at her and nails her in the gut.

Evelyn: "Oh jeez! Sorry Laura I thought you were still playing!"

Laura: "It's fine, I was just surprised at what the avatar told me though."

Evelyn: "Oh, hi Korra." She says waving.

Korra: "Hey Evelyn."

Evelyn: "So, what did you say to Laura that surprised her so much?"

Laura: "She said that she needed us to heal him." Evelyn's expression becomes very serious.

Evelyn: "How bad is it?"

Korra: "Even Katara doesn't know if he'll make it." They look at me confused. "Oh, Katara is the best healer in the world."

Laura: "Oh, so he's fucked."

Evelyn: "Laura! Language!"

Korra: "Well, she's not wrong."

Evelyn: "It's really that bad huh?" I nod, she sighs and thins her lips. "Laura can't go, she's already interfered in his life too much. I'll go, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do."

Korra: "Please, anything will help."

Evelyn: "Alright, but I'm not like Laura, she's had a spirit help her. I can only go on the winter solstice. It's in 3 weeks, can you keep him alive until then?" I nod.

Korra: "Yea, I think we could manage that."

Evelyn: "Alright, I'll see you then." She waves and turns to go run back to where she was when Laura and her were playing their game.

Korra: "Wait, I, uh, I need to ask you something."

Evelyn: "Sure, fire away."

Korra: "Do you blame M/N for your death?" She raises her brow and looks at me confused.

Evelyn: "Why would I? He protected me and Laura." What?

Laura: "Yea, neither of us were near the fighter he was. People would be constantly hunting for us. M/N, even though he was the youngest, would always fight them off."

Evelyn: "You seemed confused. Did you not know that?" I shake my head.

Korra: "He said you guys looked out for him." They look at each other and laugh.

Laura: "Yea, we'd heal him after he'd take a beating, but even though we each worked he still brought in the most money with his ring fighting. Did he seriously not tell you?"

Korra: "No, he didn't tell me... Why wouldn't he?" They both shrug.

Evelyn: "I don't know, he's always had a weird view of things, I'm sure he lied for a reason."

Korra: "But why wouldn't he just not mention it? He deliberately made it seem like you guys were looking out for him, not the other way around."

Laura: "I don't know. He's weird like that. He was never normal in school either."

Evelyn: "Laura seriously don't be so mean!" She sticks her tongue out at her.

Korra: "He wasn't normal?"

Laura: "No, he wasn't. Even though he was only in his last year of his knowledge section of school, he was actually really smart. Smarter than kids way older than him, and stronger too."

Evelyn: "Both Laura and myself were exceptional students, even though he wasn't insanely smart, he was still way ahead of where he should have been. And on top of that he was stronger than kids 5 years older than him."

Laura: "Yea, when some kids were beating me up he came over all Raaahhh! Boom! Fireblast! Claw swipe!" She says mimicking the actions.

Evelyn: "He was also really popular, yet he didn't seem to know it. People would always invite him to things and he also was incredibly popular with all the girls, at age 9 he had a girlfriend and didn't even know it." She says laughing.

Korra: "Wait?! What!?"

Laura: "Ooohhh, someone's jealous. Are you jealous that someone had a go at him before you?"

Korra: "What?! No!" They both start laughing at me. "Hey! Stop laughing at me!"

Evelyn: "Don't worry Korra, I told you, he didn't know she was his girlfriend."

Korra: "How does that not surprise me!" I say throwing my hands up in the air. They both start laughing again.

Laura: "Yea, all the really pretty girls would always talk to him, yet he would only talk to a waterbending girl named Angel. They would always go to a small stream near our town and talk. She would practice her waterbending and M/N would play tricks on her because she didn't know he could earthbend."

Evelyn: "Yea, and one day me and Laura went to spy on them. I think he got her too good with one of his tricks. He finally had to tell her he could earthbend, and when he did she got so mad she waterbended him against a tree and turned it too ice, of course she didn't know he could firebend too. Then she was all yelly with him and he just kept making sarcastic comments and you want to know what she did?"

Korra: "What? She left him there?"

Laura: "Yes! She kissed him and ran off!"

Korra: "What!? Are you serious?!" I say laughing with them now.

Evelyn: "You should have seen the look on his face!" He just stayed there stuck to a tree staring on in the distance! He was completely zoned out!"

Laura: "It was honestly the funniest thing ever!"

Evelyn: "And when he walked up to him his face literally has just red! He tried to melt the ice so quick that he lit the tree on fire! Me and Laura had to put it out as he ran home!"

Laura: "Then when we told mom and dad they both started laughing too! The next morning, he was so embarrassed all breakfast he just sat there and stared down! Our little M/N had just gotten a girlfriend at age 9 and he was too dull to even know!" My stomach begins to hurt from all the laughing.

Korra: "Stop! Stop! It hurts!" A few minutes later we all calm down and say our goodbyes. I wave goodbye to his parents as I head back towards the portal. Oh man, that was an experience, I am going to have to bring that up with him once he gets healthy again.