89

"Vanessa? Vanessa!"
Billy shook me with a worried look on his face.
"What?" I whispered groggily.
"You were having a nightmare, babe."
I looked at him, confused. "How'd you know that?" I half smiled.
"I know you. I've slept next to you for over a year. When you're having a really good dream, you snuggle against me really close and sometimes you whisper my name, or one of your best friends'. When you have a nightmare, you get really distant and stir a lot, then you usually grab my arm really tight."
He blushed.
"Are you a therapist or something?" I smiled.
He shook his head and pulled me on top of him. "Not the point. What's wrong?"
He squished my face with his hands to make me laugh. It worked. He tried to playfully punch my stomach, but I moved back quickly.
He pinched in his eyebrows.
"Seriously, what's... oh. Oh...OH!"
I started to panic. "Billy, I-"
"How late are you exactly?"
"Well, it's 3am, so technically, 8 days."
He rubbed his face with his hands really hard and scratched his head. When he revealed his face, a smile crept on his lips.
"This is awesome."
I nodded.
"Are you sure?"
"Not 100%."
"We'll make a run to Rite Aid in the morning, as soon as I wake up. Even if you're still sleeping, I'll go. I'll buy like 8 tests. I'll freaking  buy the whole supply!"
I relaxed and put my hand on his chest, a finger to his lips.
"You're such an amazing person, I'm still not used to it."
"Get used to it. It gets better, baby."
He rolled me over, put his arms around, pressed his mouth to my ear and whispered, "I love you. Now go to sleep."
I grinned, sighed, and drifted off.