88

"Thanks for meeting me."
"Anything for you, Ness. You know I miss and love you." He smiled.
"Are Sammy and Skate coming?"
"In a good bit. I just wanted to talk a little. How've you been, girl?"
"Worried."
"What's wrong?"
I gulped. He's one of the only people I can trust. "First, I'm getting all this hate. And stress isn't good for..."
"What is it?"
"I think I'm pregnant."
"Shouldn't you be telling this to like Stassie or Madison or one of your many, many cousins? Or Kelli or Paris?"
"That's the thing, I don't know! I can't tell Stassie, she'd get way too excited, and I haven't talked to Madison in forever. I can't just surprise her and be like 'hey I'm pregnant!' And I trust Kelli and Paris with my life, but I'm too afraid they'll go to the directors and say something and I'll lose my job. Nothing looks worse than a pregnant Disney star. Please, Johnson, don't tell ANYONE."
"I won't, I won't. Come here." He held me close.
We stayed like that a few minutes.
"Were you expecting it?"
"Fuck no! I always make sure Billy puts one on. I could've sworn I took my birth control everyday when we were at Disney."
"Maybe it just... broke."
"Does that even happen often?"
He shrugged. "Sometimes."
"I still need to take a couple more tests. I need to be certain."
"Does Billy know?"
I shook my head.
He shook his. "Damn, mami, we're in a situation."
"How's G?"
"You might have a fetus inside you, and you wanna talk about G?"
I nodded.
"He drinks 24/7. Smokes everything. Snorts everything. I'm surprised he never had a how since you left. I hear him literally scream your name in his sleep."
I shook my head. I feel terrible that I did this to him.
"He needs to realize he brought it on himself. It was even worse yesterday. His mama called and was asking about you, and he was acting like everything was fine, that everything on the internet was fake, that it was all a publicity stunt. You know how she loves you."
"I just want us to be friends."
"Give him more time."
Sammy and Nate came through the door and tackled me with hugs and kisses. "I missed you boys too."
Some days, I just need to be with them. And no one else.