chapter 18 pt 3

December 21

My mom thought it was really weird that I was visiting the dentist in Korea, to meet up with my two other guy friends. She said that "emotional support" was for important situations, and that Jaemin's parents should of been there instead.

Ironically, Jeno and I waited outside the waiting room, thinking that we showed up earlier than Jaemin. Then Jaemin came out of the dentist office and he greeted us.

"Hey you guys made it! Okay, I came out to put my stuff here. I'm going in now for the surgery." He puts his coat on the chair beside me and heads back.

"Surgery? It's not like that, it's just teeth. Don't worry." Jeno says.

"I know," Jaemin laughs, "But it's still surgery. And I'm not worried."

"...Are you sure?"

Omg. What did I do. I just teased Jaemin.

Go Lily.

"Yes I'm sure," He smiles playfully and leaves.

"Wow. It only took you a year and a half to flirt with him." Jeno pulls his phone out.

"What?? How is that flirting? I was teasing him. I said THREE WORDS." 

"Clearly you have no idea how flirting works then. You think three words are nothing, even though the next three words you'll probably say to him are "I loooovee youu-"

"SHH! He's still clearheaded, stop talking so loud!" I scold him.

Jeno starts to laugh. "I thought you were over him?"

"Shut up. And I'm trying to. To get over him."

"Nice sweater by the way. Who picked it out for you? How nice of them to do that." He brags.

I wore the sweater that Jeno got me for my birthday, and I actually forgot that it was a gift from him until now. Oops.

"How long do you think we're gonna stay here? Like, I thought we're going to be in the same room as him and see him on laughing gas. I mean, that's more fun than just sitting here."

"Uhh.. you know that the dentist guy has to drug him, then remove his teeth and everything before he actually starts feeling drowsy and stuff right?"

"Oh. Yeah, obviously." I sit quietly.

About an hour later, the dentist calls us in, in case we want to talk to him.

Jeno walks up to Jaemin being extra as usual. "Heyy Nana, do you know who I am?"

"Yes, you're Jeno." He laughs.

"Do you know who she is?" Jeno points to me. I roll my eyes and laugh a bit.

"Is that Tae?" He tries to stand straight up from his chair. "You came?"

The dentist puts him back down and Jeno starts to mock him. "Yes baby its me~" 

 I start to laugh out loud. I think this will be the highlight of my trip.

"Oh, wait it's Lily. You're too much Jeno, I wish I could laugh. But it kind of hurts."

"Aw wHY Are yOU alWAYs In Pain??? Why is it always you? You don't deserve it."

At this point, I think Jeno is less "sober" than Jaemin.

"I don't knoww." Jaemin whines. Here comes the Nitrous Oxide.

"You know," I look at Jeno, "My chemistry summative might be about researching the effects a chemical compound has. I could LITERALLY use Jaemin as my case study."