Legitimately: iNotorious

Start from the beginning

I was so proud of him; I still am. He was so excited, it was almost like we were little kids again, back on the playground with Matt.

Unfortunately, my reminiscing was cancelled by a woman walking through the double doors. Lana was probably on her smoke break, which left me the only one left.

"Hello," I said in a chipper voice, smiling and closing the solitaire page on my computer screen. "How may I help you today, ma'am?"

"My boyfriend is staying here," she responded shortly. "Ezra." At the name, I looked up and got a better look at her, to see her hair was messy, and her clothes were ruffled.

"Right," I said, looking at my computer screen and opening up an email page. Quickly, my fingers scuttled across the keys and typed in Ezra's email, to let him know what was going on. "What about him?"

"Oh, don't play fucking stupid with me, (name). I know you saw what happened. I want to know where he went." Her tone went from flustered to furious in mere seconds, and I feared that if she saw me hit the enter key, she would reach across the counter and tear out my jugular. Pushing my luck, I tapped the "Send" key, and looked at her again.

"Sorry, but I can't give you that kind of information."

Her anger turned to pure fury as she saw my stoic expression, and she grabbed a notepad off the counter and threw it across the room. A few of my doodles fluttered off the pad, and floated gracefully downwards. But because she enjoyed seeing things fall and crumble, she snatched a few pages out of the air and ripped them until the writing was unintelligible, and the shards were crumpled and sad on the floor. I watched in silent terror, and although my hands were shaking, I said coolly, "You need to leave."

She looked over at me, and smirked, seeing the awful tears in my eyes, threatening to spill. She walked closer to the counter and spit her words in my direction. "Maybe next time, you'll see how difficult it is when your things are taken away from you. Leave Ezra alone, you slut." The last words were said with such intensity that I felt the air she pushed out to say it.

As she stormed away, without turning around to see the effects, the small tears that silently ran down my face turned to bigger, heavier tears that stained dark gray on my white blouse.

I pushed the door that connected the area behind the counter to the lobby itself open and walked towards the notebook with heavy feet. There was a letter in my book from Ezra. If she had torn that to shreds, then I would be devastated. I dropped to my knees, ignoring the sharp pain in my kneecaps. I picked up the shreds and looked over the words. Quickly, I saw the script and realized that the letter was gone.

The tears fell, swiftly and strongly, until my blouse was a dark gray from the teardrops, and someone's strong arms were wrapped around my shoulders. I didn't look up just yet, because I knew just who the pair of arms belonged to. After a minute or so, I picked up my head and saw Matt, one of my other best friends.

Although Matt had always been for me, I was unsure why he was here now. "M-Matt?" I asked, looking at him with a confused smile.

He blushed a bit, and smiled. "Hey, (name). What's the matter?" He was speaking in a soft voice, with his arms still around me, but more loosely.

A soft huff of air came from my mouth before my crying fit began again. Matt pulled me into his chest to hide me from anyone else, and let me cry. His red shirt went from bright red to dark red, with some bright spots.

He didn't stop me from crying, just held onto me and whispered gently, things like "it'll be alright," and "you're alright".

When my crying fit was near over, I picked up my arms and wrapped them around his shoulders, making it a two way hug. I could almost hear his smile when he tried to talk.

I looked up to see a big grin on his face, and a slight blush. "What is it?" I asked, a little agitated that he was happy while I was clearly so sad.

He shook his head a little, as though to clear the idea away, and went back to looking piteous and unhappy.

I poked his nose. "What? Don't pretend like it didn't happen, just tell me!"

A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips and he shook his head again.

"Matt!" I yelled, on the verge of giggling. "Tell me!"

The grin broke out on his face and he leaned closer to me, only to bump his nose with mine. "I was going to say, (name), I'm just glad to see you opened up to me. But now you're smiling instead of crying, so—"

I cut him off, and watched his eyes almost bug out of his head as our lips connected. He still looked surprised a bit later, so I giggled into the kiss, and threw my head back to laugh.

His confident smile made its way back onto his face as he tried to process what had just happened. "(name)?"

"Yes?"

"What was that?" His eyes made contact with mine, and I smiled again.

"A confession."

"Can I make a confession?"

"If you must," I said, smiling and blushing slightly.

His grin sprung back onto his face and his hand went to the small of my back. His face came in closer, and his nose gently bounced off the side of mine. Matt's lips came in and touched mine, softly. He wasn't rough, and took his time. My eyes fluttered closed, and he smiled into the kiss.

"Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"That was a legitimately nice confession."

"Thanks. Do you think you'll come to the college with me now?"

"Why not?"