"Why Would Something Like This Happen To Him?"

Buffy's P.O.V

I was having my lunch with Marty, when I recieved a text from Jonah.

Jonah: Buffy, come to the hospital. QUICK!! Cyrus is in the emergency room. Bring Marty if he's with you. Inform Andi also.

Buffy: WHAT??? Okay, we're coming over. What hospital are you in right now?

Jonah: William J. Smith Memorial Hospital.

Buffy: Okay. I know that hospital. Be there in a few.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon, we have to go." I tell Marty.

"Why?" He asks me.

"Cyrus is in the hospital. We need to be there ASAP. But we need to make a short stop on Andi's house first."

"Oh, okay."

And so we went to Andi's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got to the front door of their house, I immediately knocked on the door.

Once Andi opened the door, I dragged her out.

"What's happening?" She asks me.

"Cyrus is in the hospital." I tell her.

"WHAT?? Okay."

I let go of her so that we could all run to the hospital.

Since my mom wasn't there, and Marty's parents are both at work, and Bex only knows how to drive a motorcycle, we decided to walk the hospital. Besides, it isn't even that far.

Well, atleast to me. I see Andi panting like crazy, but I didn't care.

•••••••

As soon as we reached the hospital doors, Andi asked us to sit down first because she was exhausted.

After a few minutes of sitting down at the lobby, we agreed to ask the receptionist where Cyrus is.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. He's in the emergency room at the second floor at this time. But you could wait for him at the waiting area of the second floor." She replied.

"Oh, okay. Thank you!" I say.

"You're welcome."

And so we ran... Until we reached the elevators. By Andi's request... Again... God, I hate that girl when it comes to running.

"I really hope he's okay," Andi says.

"Yeah, us too," Marty added.

When the elevator doors opened, we walked to the waiting room.

And there we saw Jonah, looking really worried.

"Jonah!!! How's Cyrus?" Andi immediately said after hugging him.

"He's okay... He will be... I'm sure. Let's just wait for the doctors to come out and hope for the best," he replies.

Sooner or later, we see about 5 nurses and doctors coming out of the ER with a bed. We walked out to see who it is.

It was Cyrus with an oxygen tank and a lot of other machines by his side. He was still fast asleep.

"Excuse me, but are you some friends of the patient?" One nurse asked.

"Uhmm, yes, why?" I ask her.

"Well, we just want to let you know that he's not in either a good or a bad situation." She said.

"Well, in what situation?"

"In a critical situation."

"What?? How?" We all asked.

"We found out that there was no oxygen entering his lungs, so we immediately needed him to give him the CPR Electric Shock. His lungs did come back to normal, but then we found out the real reason why his lungs hadn't been regularly working after we did the X-ray work. We found out that he has Bronchiectasis, a lung disease in which the lungs' airways become congested and damaged, making the mucus more hard to clear, and oxygen even harder to come in. As of right now, the airways of his lungs are really damaged, and that's the reason why no oxygen is entering his lungs. I hope you understand everything that I said." She replies.

"Yes. We understand. Thank you. Where are they bringing Cyrus now?"

"Right now, he's being delivered to the Intesive Care Unit, or the ICU. It's located at the third floor. As of right now, the doctor is suggesting that you guys don't visit him until further notice."

"Oh. Okay."

And after that, she went with the other nurses.

Then, it had me question some thoughts.

Why would something like this happen to him? How did he get that Bronchi-thingy? When did he get that?

Then, something went into my mind again. Something even scarier.

Is he going to survive?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonah's P.O.V

I didn't understand every single word that the nurse has mentioned. I only understood the part where he was in critical condition. It hit me hard on the inside, but I just tried my best to not show it to everyone else.

As soon as the nurse walked away, I sat down, crying.

"I shouldn't have run away." I said accidentally.

"What did you say?" Andi and Buffy asked me.

"N-nothing."

"Oh, please. I know we heard you say something," Buffy says. "Now spill it out."

"Okay... I saw Iris kissing Cyrus earlier today at the Spoon, and it hit me right in the heart. It made me feel... Jealous. So, I ran away... But I failed miserably because Cyrus saw me, and he ran right after me. I kept on running, and I didn't want to stop, until Cyrus just stopped running and called out for my name since he was in distress."

"You, WHAT??" Buffy replied, completely mad.

"I'm really sorry, guys."

"Sorry?? WHY ARE YOU BEING SORRY?! You nearly killed Cyrus! You shouldn't be sorry! You should be ashamed!" She told me back.

"Buffy!!! Don't you see it? Iris has a fault in here, too! If she hadn't kissed Cyrus, Jonah wouldn't have run away, and Cyrus will not follow him, and this incident would have never happened anyways, and Cyrus would not be in some critical situation. So don't put all the blame on Jonah!" Andi defended me.

"Oh, okay. But you need to understand. You still owe me big time." Buffy replies to me with an angry and strong voice.

She was threatening me, which made me feel more scared than before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey, Y'all!

So sorry if this chapter was bad, lol.
I just wanted to add some drama into it.

But then again, I really hope that the nurse's explanation about Cyrus's current situation makes sense, because if it doesn't, then shame on me for not listening to science topics, lol. I'm also no doctor's child, but I think that this is something that may happen in real life.

Anyways, thanks again guys! Have a good day/night!