3

Sakura

"Sakura, my girl, your mission is simple yet undoubtedly painful," Pein says slowly, preparing the younger for the next bit of information.

Sakura scoffs. "How painful could a mission be," she laughs. "Know pain," she mocks the orange-haired man seated before her.

Pein groans in annoyance at this. "I don't deserve this, honestly. I'm a good leader. I've run this organisation well. It's just you children—" he breathes deeply, attempting to calm himself before he self-destructs.

"I swear, my blood pressure is being driven higher and higher as the days go," Pein mumbles to himself.

"C'mon old man," Sakura whines. "I don't have all day," she hurries her leader for his instruction.

Pein sighs. He'll have to check how many white-hairs he grew this week.

"You are aware of the New Akatsuki movement, yes?" Sakura nods. "As our first step, I'd like to form an alliance with a major village in order to establish ourselves in a nation. This is where you come in," Pein says as he slips a scroll out from beneath his desk.

"You will be Akatsuki's ambassador for an Akatsuki-Konoha alliance,"

Pein explains, covering his ears in anticipation of Sakura's outburst. Surprisingly, the pink-haired teen simply stared at the scroll before her, blinking multiple times to digest what she had just heard.

"Fucking— What? Me? Going to Konoha? Alone? PEIN-SAMA WHAT THE FU—" Sakura shrieks mid sentence before being cut off by a very unamused Pein.

"You can bring two members with you, so CALM DOWN," Pein yells back at an equal intensity.

"We plan to be moving to Konoha for good. We will set up our base there if this alliance works out," Pein says. "You know the Hokage personally, yes?"

Sakura nods sourly. "But she kinda doesn't favour me like she used to. Things are complicated between me and Konoha. It's a stupid idea to send me as Akatsuki's ambassador, really,"

Pein chuckles, shaking his head. "Don't doubt my decision, Sakura. You know I always end up being right,"

The pink-haired teen huffs. "When do you want me to leave?"

Pein shrugs. "As soon as possible. Ame and Konoha aren't that close by, you know." At this, Sakura nods once more, turning to leave the office.

"Oh, Sakura, before you leave," Pein beckons Sakura to come closer.

"I want you to know that I'm proud of you, Sakura. I'm glad you joined us. You've grown into a fine kunoichi, indeed," Pein ruffles the girl's hair almost, he dare say, affectionately.

"Pfft," Sakura giggles. "I know," she flips her pink hair over her shoulder as she pulls it into a tight ponytail.

"You're always right, after all,"

:::

Edited- 7/12/17