Mint and Orange

*1month later* Alright loves. Let's just take this as infrequent updates, yes? *crying* I feel like I've revealed too much about my procrastination and long-winded ways. Should I set up an updating schedule?

<>

"Odd. I smell burnt flesh." Kakuzu said, pulling his face mask further up his nose in hopes of blocking out the pungent scent. 

Sakura turned to the group and held a finger to her lips, signaling for absolute silence. She stood at the front of the group along the dim corridor that was solely lit by the light of an opened room at the tunnel's end. The five nins stood in relative silence, only able to hear the sound of their own breathing despite their chakra enhanced hearing. Sasuke clicked his tongue and made his way past Sakura. "There's nothing here, Sakura." The pink-haired girl opened her mouth to reply, but instead threw the Uchiha a horrified look as he stomped forward towards the only door available to them, without a care in the world, fully convinced that the base was empty and booby-trapped to waste their time. Naruto leaned forward to jog up to the stubborn Uchiha, panic washing over himself.

"O-oi! Teme! Don't rush forward! What if there's—!" Naruto bumped into Sasuke's back, when the latter had abruptly halted and swiftly removed his katana from its sheath, pointed threateningly at the woman who stood in his path.

"Ara, ara? What do we have here? Is that an Uzumaki I see? No, that can't be. Where's your red hair? Ara, the only way we'll know is after I've dissected you and run blood tests, right?" 

An almost light hearted voice rang through their ears, cruelty dripping off the female voice's tongue. Sasori's eyes narrowed as he stared at the figure that had made her appearance known to the five shinobi. The woman, fiddled with concentrated fire chakra at her finger tips as she ran her eyes over the nins. Her gaze detoured over to the pink-haired teenager before eventually landing on her former teammate. A sinister smile adorned her face as she flipped her long jet black hair over her shoulder, hands on her hips in a mocking fashion. 

"Ara, ara. Sasori-kun? My, how long has it been since we've seen each other!" The woman who looked no older than thirty-five took long yet quick strides towars the puppet master, carassing his cheek almost lovingly. "I missed you, love." She leaned in for a kiss, only to smack her lips into Sasori's fairly smooth palms. 

"We were over a long time ago, Sumi." Sasori stated firmly, clearly disgusted by her affections. She leaned in even closer, their noses barely touching, her hands trailing all over Sasori's chest. "But, Sasori. I still love you, I really do. I've forgiven you for being selfish and cold all those years ago! As long as you'll love me now we could always–" Sasori roughly shoved Sumi away from him, causing her to stumble back and fall onto her back. 

"Disgusting bitch. How about you just tell us what kind of sick experiment you've done this time so that we can get the hell out of here as soon as possible?" Sasori spat at the woman, who was clearly insulted by her former lover's hostility. The edge of her lips dipped into a frown, her brows furrowed, almost as if she was in utter confusion. Suddenly, her eyes snapped towards the only other girl in the corridor. 

"You. You must be Sasori's new whore, right? That's why he won't love me anymore. It's your fault right? Ara, what's with the surprised look you slut? Give me back my Sasori-kun!" Sumi yelled hysterically as she grabbed Sakura by her hair and slammed her head into the wall, leaving a huge impact. Sakura's temple bled, she felt her skull being crushed by Sumi's sheer strength as the older woman pressed her fingers against Sakura's neck and elbows into her skull. The younger girl tried to pry Sumi's fingers off her airway, desperate for oxygen. 

Enraged, Sasuke kicked Sumi in the torso, effectively throwing her away from his friend. Sakura breathed deeply and panted for breath, kneeling on the ground, as Sumi ran through the opened door, a provoked Sasori, Naruto and Kakuzu tailing her closely while trying to hit her with any means they could.