Chapter 30 - The Start of Forever

Start from the beginning

Vic smiled. "Okay. Let's do this my way. Luke, let's hear your vows already."

Everyone laughed as Luke struggled with his words, completely surprised that he had to say his vows first.

"Okay, let's do this. I definitely didn't prepare for this 'cause I just wanna say what comes into my mind you know..." Luke faced Calum which in return smiled at him.

Luke cleared his throat and started his vow.

"So, Cal, you probably know how much I love you already considering that I tell you that everyday but I'm gonna tell you anyway. I love you, Calum Thomas Hood. To say that we went through a lot of downs would be an understatement because what we went through? It's like being tossed to heaven and then having a mighty long fall to hell then got dragged back to earth. It was crazy. But what's more crazy is that after everything that has happened, we're still here. Together. With our friends and colleagues whom we consider our family. Cal, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm not letting you go, not again, not ever. No one can ever replace you in my life. The moment I first saw you in the orphanage, I knew you were it. And I'm so glad I'm right. I love you, Cal. So so so so much. I promise I'll give you the life you deserve, I'll give you the love you deserve. I'll make you happy because your smile and laugh is what I live for." Luke smiled at Calum and ended his speech by giving Calum a kiss on the forehead.

"Wow, Luke, dozens of pizza ain't even enough to finish your cheese." Vic stated causing everyone to laugh. "So, Calum, your turn. Let's see what you've got."

"Oh, Vic, I won't be able to top Luke's vow but I assure you that I'm definitely topping tonight." Calum smirked causing everyone to laugh again and Luke to blush bright red.

"You're in for it, Luke!" Michael yelled from the crowd.

"Oh well, here goes. Luke, I just want to thank you for dealing with me and being patient with me because every person here knows how moody I can be and it's definitely a handful and you've dealt with me with so much patience and I really appreciate that though I'm not really sure if it's because you want to or maybe because you're stuck with me and you're forced to..." the crowd snickered at that and Luke shook his head with a smile on his face. "But I don't really care because hey, you're stuck with me, deal with it Hemmings." Calum grinned up at Luke. "After this day, I'll dedicate my life to loving you no matter what happens. I promise you that, Luke. That's all I can give you and I'll make sure that you're happy. You're an amazing person, Luke. I honestly have no idea how or why we ended up here together and that's why I'm thankful because despite our many differences we still found a way to get along with each other and to love each others flaws. I love you so much, Luke. I am so ready to spend the rest of my life with you."

Calum finished his vow by smiling up at Luke and Luke leaned down to his ear and whispered, "You definitely topped my vow with yours but you're definitely topping tonight." Luke smirked and Calum turned bright red.

"Enough with the whispering, lovebirds. It's time for you to kiss and seal your vows to each other." Vic said.

"Gladly." Luke smiled and held Calum's cheeks in his hands and leaned down to attach his lips with his.

The kiss was innocent and pure but full of passion. After a few seconds, they both pulled away but not after Calum pecked Luke's lips twice and smiled at his husband.

"And you're finally married!" Vic cheered, raising both his arms and the crowd cheered.

Calum grasped Luke's hand in his before nodding to his husband and Luke grinned. Together, they ran towards the exit of the place while their friends followed behind them throwing up flower petals towards the newly wedded couple.

"Thank you for marrying me." Luke whispered to Calum whose head is on Luke's shoulder as they looked at their friends having fun at their reception.

Calum rolled his eyes at Luke. "Seriously, Luke?"

Luke laughed.

"I love you." Calum said.

"I love you, too." Luke replied and planted a kiss on Calum's head.

Suddenly, the sound of chopper filled their ears as Luke grinned at Calum's confused face.

"Luke, what did you do this time?" Calum asked Luke, squinting his eyes in doubt.

"Oh, nothing huge... Just-"

"A chopper!" Michael yelled from a distance, cutting Luke off.

"A chopper?!" Calum asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, let's go?"

Before Calum could say anything, Luke was already pulling him by the hand towards the open grass area outside their reception hall and waited as the chopper landed a few meters away from them.

"Michael, Ashton! I trust you!" Luke called out to his betfriends and they give him a thumbs up in return.

He nodded and proceeded to walk towards the chopper with Calum. They took their seats and secured their seatbelts. Luke put on Calum's headphones (the one they use in helicopters, I don't know what it's called I'm sorry) before putting on his.

When they finally settled down, Luke told the pilot that they were ready. He intertwined his fingers with Calum's and smiled down at his husband. Calum smiled back despite his confusion. He wanted answers, he wanted to know what's going on so badly but decided to just fuck it because it's Luke. And he knows what he's doing.

When they were high enough, the pilot opened the doors of the chopper and Luke signalled Calum to look that way just in time for the fireworks to appear.

Calum gasped and was mesmerized by the different colors of lights and sparks. He can vaguely hear the cheers from the crowd below and that was when he realized that Michael and Ashton helped Luke with this plan. He smiled knowing that his bestfriends are always there for the both of them.

"Luke, this is beautiful." He whispered.

Luke grinned and rested his head on Calum's shoulder, nuzzling Calum's neck right after while his arms snaked around his husband's waist.

"I'm glad you like it." He whispered.

"I love it, Luke. Thank you." Calum tilted his head to the side, just enough for the side of his head to touch Luke's as they continued to watch the beautiful display in front of them.

After the fireworks display, Calum's phone rang. It was Ashton.

"Hello?"

"So, Calum, did you like it?"

"I love it, guys. Thank you. Thank you so much!"

"No problem, Cal."

"Thank you for always being there for us, both you and Michael."

"Calum, stop it! I'm getting emotional!" Ashton sniffed.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it!" Calum laughed.

"Seriously, Cal. It's no problem. Just remember that me and Michael are both here for the both of you, no matter what. Just like how you and Luke have been there for the both of us."

"Yes, Ashton."

"We love you!"

"We love you, too, Ashton. And Michael." Calum giggled.

"So, I'll see you whan you get back from your honeymoon!"

"Wait, what-"

Ashton hung up.

"Oh yeah, we're heading straight to our honeymoon." Luke informed him.

"Oh, so you finally decided to tell me?" Calum asked, one of his eyebrows raised.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." Luke smiled and pecked Calum's lips.

----------

yey, an update! so, last night i saw ONE OK ROCK live and omg it was so amazing! I will never forget the wonderful experience of seeing and hearing them live. it was truly magical, a dream come true. :D 

~Jo-Millieeeee