nothing

Andrea

I couldn't believe it...well I actually could, because anything could be going on right now and it makes me sick. It's 9pm and Kai was supposed to be picked up 2hours ago! It's already hi bedtime and he won't even lay down in his bed because he wants to be extra ready to hop into his dad's rust orange mustang that smells like a 40s cigar. I should've just cut all ties with James. None of these promises would be made and everything would be okay. James is probably out on the town smoking, drinking, doing some type of drug. I don't know. I could be assuming stuff but it's the usual him. He could even be out at a strip club. He was out throwing money at strippers while my water broke and came to the hospital 7 hours after the baby was born. He makes me sick but he needs to be in Kai's life. When my parents got divorced it was hard going from house to house and bringing my suit case to school every two weeks but I made it work, and so can we.
"Momma, is daddy here yet?"
"No bub, he might be running a bit late. How about you go get into bed and I'll have him carry you to the car when he gets here?"
"No thanks momma, imma stay in the couch with you"
And before we knew it, it was midnight and Kai was fast asleep in my arms.

I carried him to his bedroom and layed him down tucking him in and putting his stuffed turtle under his right arm.
Then I kissed his cheek lightly trying not to wake him up and walked into my bedroom.
Tanner was editing the video still and I gave him as small kiss before heading under the covers.
"Night babe"
"Nighty"

Morning.

I got up to fix breakfast. The beach has been crazy busy since the summer is just around the corner and I'm really needing I surf.
"Tanner babe, can you get me the eggs out of the fridge I need to go wake up Kai?"
"Yeah be right there"
As we passed in the small hallway, he kissed me swiftly then let me go.

The news would be hard to tell Kai.