Memories | 37

Mulai dari awal

"You'll what?" He says, raising an eyebrow. His arms are crossed, making his muscles more flattering.

"I'll never kiss you again."

"You can't do that." His face pulls into a look of sadness. "That's unfair."

Now it's my turn to smirk. "Life's unfair, Peters. Life's unfair."

When we eat breakfast, it's time to make a plan

When we eat breakfast, it's time to make a plan. Thankfully, Olivia has seemingly forgotten about our accidental interaction yesterday, and due to my deal with Will, it's not looking like the story is going to be resurfaced any time soon.

Sydney is already up when we head into the kitchen, munching on a piece of toast with a large shirt on, her face tired and worn out. "Morning." She says, sighing. "We've got to think of something today. School is covered – seeing as it's study week so they won't be checking on us. But obviously, my mother is still missing, and my father is in prison. And the UFA are active."

Olivia nods, taking a sip of her tea. "I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it will turn out to be useful."

"Any ideas are as good as we've got." Sydney replies, handing Will and I two pieces of toast each. When Will looks up, expecting more, she rolls her eyes, putting another two on his plate.

"I think Viola should go back home." Olivia announces. "See if Vera hid anything in her room. Is her laptop still there?"

I shake my head. "No. Mum and dad sold it a couple of years ago."

"Okay, that's fine. You might as well look, just in case." She says, shrugging.

Staring at her, I wonder how she and Vera made friends. I mean, she's not the usual type that my sister would go for - Vera liked people that were flamboyant, extravagant in their own nature. She wanted to befriend people who were loud, who could excite her at any moment of the day.

But Olivia isn't very exciting. I know, it sounds mean, but that's just her personality. To me, she seems practical, serious, and one-dimensional. And yes, I haven't really spoken to her outside of this situation, so maybe she could be more enthralling, but at the moment, I can't ever see her as someone who was friends with Vera.

But they were, and I have to accept that. Anyone who Vera was close to is important to me. Whether they exposed my identity or not.

 Whether they exposed my identity or not