Chapter 23

*****Jessica's POV*****

Days went by very slow, slower than a snail and a sloth. Bryce would try to talk to me. He kept on asking sorry, but here I am acting like a bitch, not even giving him a single glance.

Entering the school is like I'm going to hell. I will see Bryce again. It's so hard to keep yourself together when you're already in many pieces and ready to break again.

Today is friday and I thank God for it. Last day of seeing Bryce. At least I'll have two days to rest my foolish, stupid heart.

In class, Bryce didn't say any word to me but stealing glances that I can see from the corner of my eye.

Did he gave up already? He didn't even send some cookies and hot chocolate this day... Well, I still have some from yesterday.

~it's your fault~

~no, it's not. It's Bryce's fault.~

~why is he not talking to me? I want him to talk to me and beg again.~

~because you're acting like a bitch. He'd been asking and begging you for many days and now you're asking why he's not talking to you anymore? You really are stupid. I don't get why you have A's.~

"Mrs. Merrick!" Mr. Rose snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I tilt my head to see Mr. Rose.

"Are you with us? You're spacing out. You can leave the class if you're not interested." He narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah. Sorry for disturbing your class." I just shrugged my shoulders. I can hear murmurs but I didn't care.

Can this day get any better?

*****Bryce's POV*****

I can't help but stole glances from Jessica. I really wanna talk to her but I can't. Daniel, my bestfriend said she's just acting hard to get. Leave her alone and she'll come back to you.

How could she come back to me? It's like she doesn't even care that I'm not talking to her and she's spacing out. She doesn't really care for me. Her heart is like a stone. It feels nothing. I know she's not heartless because she's sweet, but why she's pretending to be one?

"I'm throwing a party tomorrow and you guys should be there. Friendship is over when you're not coming." Mark bumped his fist with mine. Jessica, on my side, rolled her eyes and groaned. Why can't those eyes look at me? Just a single glance, Jess. That's only what I need and I'll have a smile plastered on my face the whole day.

"I don't wanna come." Jessica said nonchalantly. Oh no, you're coming.

"Jess! You're such a party pooper." Lisa threw a piece of potato fries to Jessica.

"Don't throw food at me!" She threw back the fries to Lisa with ketchup on it and it hit her face. Nice one, Love. I can't help but my lips curved into a smile.

"Are you on you're period?! You're so in a bad mood." Lisa wiped her face and Jessica blushed. Confirmed, she's on her period. That even made me smile more.

"I just don't wanna come, okay?" Jessica scowled. Period is really bad. Turning my beautiful wife into a beast.

"Fine! F.O. Friendship Over, girl." Mark frowned and stood up. He's so not good at acting. I think he should enroll to Drama class. He needs it.

"Wait! Okay! I'll go! Happy?" Jessica pound her fist on the table. Yes, she's going!

"Yes! I got you there!" Mark did his happy dance and Lisa giggled.