Chapter 15 : the space between

Author's note.
Hey guys! I know I did not update for a long time but actually I have my exams going on and so I am kind of busy. But now I am continuing this story again. I am simultaneously working on another book. I plan to release it after march 2018. Also, look at the picture above!! I drew Eisuke!!! Tell me how it is in the comments!!
Story starts below this line👇👇
-----------------------------------------------------------

Shizuka's pov
I wake up in the morning and my head feels heavy. God.....I am hungover. Good thing I have a day off today. I am really glad that dad is here in the office now a days, I really have got a lot of time off.
Damn. This is supposed to be my happy time, but instead here I am, moping on my ex boyfriend!! I still don't get why its hurting me so much, but it does! He cheated on me in highschool and now he is hanging around with that 'other' woman. Not like I care...but still!!
Anyways, I should try to enjoy my day off today. I will have to see that jerks face in a few days again for work, but right now, I am not going to think about it. I will have some 'me time' today.
I decide to go to do some shopping.
Okay, I will go walking today. Taking a limo in busy streets of shibuya will just give me strange looks from people passing by.
I quickly get ready and head towards the station for the first time in........geez, I don't even remember. I have never travelled from train, not alone atleast. Dad once took me there to see busy lives of people but thats it. I have used my car for my entire life.
Well, right now, there won't be much crowd as its not the rush hour so I will be fine.
I go to the train station but....I instantly regret it. I should have taken a taxi or should have driven myself.
This is bad. I can figure out where I have to go with the help of signs but the crowd is no less than any rush hour. Man....people go through all this everyday?!
I walk through the sea of people, when I suddenly bump into someone.
Punk: Hey where do ya think you're going.
He grabs my hand and then smiles crookedly.
Shizuka: Let go! What are you doing?!
Punk: You look cute, I will have a lot of fun with you.

I immediately raise my hand but before I know it, someone pulls the man apart from me.
Punk: What the fuck!?
Soryu: Get lost if you care for your life.
Shizuka: Soryu?!
The man backs off after seeing the intimidating glare of Soryu. Wow, he really is a mobster.
Soryu: Can't you stay out of trouble for once?
Shizuka: Sorry. What are you doing here?
Soryu: I am tailing someone. I may have to terminate him if necessary.
Shizuka: Oh umm....
(When he says this I suddenly realize how much things have changed. Soryu is not just a highschool boy who is in love with detective novels anymore.....everything is different now)
Soryu: Most importantly, what are YOU doing here? Its not like you would be travelling by train casually.
Shizuka: Well....I wanted some change, so....
Soryu: *sigh* Look, I know you probably won't want to hear about this but........He had a reason to do it.
Shizuka: Soryu.....Please. Don't try to patronize me. I really don't mind, I mean...that was the deal from the start, wasn't it?
Soryu: Eisuke has a good reason for this, trust me. He cares about you deeply.
Shizuka: He doesn't care about me soryu....infact, he doesn't care at all! He basically hates me.
Soryu: When Eisuke cuts ties with someone, he is much harsher. He was very disturbed after you left. You have truely changed him, shizuka.
Shizuka: I wish that was true.......but thanks. Listening to you say this makes me feel a little better.
Soryu: Shizuka, you....love him don't you?
Shizuka: I-I ....... don't know. And it doesn't really matter.
(yes I love him. There is no denying that. I have fallen for him again...hard. But no matter what I feel, It is not possible. So I just gulp down my feelings.)
Soryu: *sigh* You are as stubborn as him. Thats the problem. Anyways, just remember, he doesn't hate you. Its actually the opposite.
Shizuka: I need time to figure things out. Please, I am not even behaving like myself anymore...
Soryu: Okay, I am not pushing you. I just don't want you to get the wrong idea.
Shizuka: Thanks.
Soryu: I should be going now. Take care.
Shizuka: Yeah you too.
With that soryu disappears in the crowd.
He doesn't hate me...huh......I don't think so. But all this confirmed one thing. I am madly in love with him. I want him to be with me again. Soryu's words struck me. I know that he probably doesn't care but I have to try to talk to him. I want to fill this space between us which has been created for past few days. I know I can't just confess my love to him but atleast I want to be on friendly terms. I can't handle seeing him with that other woman anymore.
If what Soryu said is true...then....he shares the same feelings? But his actions suggest the opposite. Something is definitely going on and I am going to find it! We had become so close and the next moment he just shut me out. He even kissed me.......I still remember it like it was yesterday. I am literally longing for his touch, his warmth, even his evil smirk right now. Is this what you call being lovesick? I don't know anything about how he feels but I atleast have to try. I don't want any regrets later.
Oh! There is one more thing I have to take care of. Frank. I have to tell him no before he leaves. I still haven't given him my answer.
Yes...its decided then.
I do a lot of shopping and am heading back home. This time I will take a taxi. There is just no way I am going to take a train with all these bags.
I take a slightly deserted alley to get to the main road but suddenly someone grabs me from behind.
Shizuka: What the- mmmmph.
A cloth is pressed against my face. I know this feeling. I am being kidnapped?!
No, don't breath, don't breath the chloroform.
I punch the man holding me from behind in the gut.
Man: Urk! Quit it woman!
Man2: Shizuka Misaki, there is no point in struggling. We just want to talk please co-operate with us.
Shizuka: Who the hell are you?! How do you know me?!
Man: You will come to know. Now quiet.
The cloth is put on my face again and this time they take me off-guard. My consciousness is fading!
Before I know it, my surroundings turn into darkness.

Mmm.....I wake up to find myself in some kind of deserted factory.
I was kidnapped. Great.
Oh so your awake, Shizuka Misaki.
Huh?
A very familiar figure stands before me and it is none other than.
Shizuka: Nikaido! What the hell do you think you are doing?!
Nikaido: Don't worry. No matter how arrogantly you have behaved with me in the past, this is not because of that.
Shizuka: What?
Nikaido: I have kept you here to lure Eisuke Ichinomiya. Even he won't think twice before coming here when it comes to his girlfriend.
Shizuka: What are you talking about?!
Nikaido: Don't play dumb. I know you are dating him. And he has signed a hotel deal with that Italian mob boss Antonio Bucci.
Shizuka: Excuse me, but I don't get why you are so much interested in other people's buisnesses.
Nikaido: You really are naive. Do you know in what state you are right now?
Shizuka: well, its not the first time I have been kidnapped so.....
Nikaido: Shut up! I wanted to sign the deal with Bucci and Eisuke Ichinomiya ruined everything! But now you just see, I will ruin him this time as I have got you. Any man would choose his woman over money.
Shizuka: He won't come.
Nikaido: What? Do you think your talks can fool me?
Shizuka: This plan of yours is not going to work so let me go already!

My hands and legs are tied and I can't move. Ugh...I have to find a way out of this situation myself. I think about how to escape when there is a loud bang on the heavy metal door.
The door bursts open and I can't believe what I see.
Standing there in bright light, his silhouette appears to be of an angel....there he is....he is really here.
Shizuka: Eisuke?!
Nikaido: Hahaha. So you came after all.
Eisuke: Now you have gone too far Nikaido.

There is rage in his eyes but surprisingly he is calm while talking.

Nikaido: So..what have you decided? Will it be the deal or your woman?
Eisuke: Heh. There is nothing to decide. She was just a tool in my game to sign this deal with Bucci. She means nothing to me.

I feel like my heart has broken into millions of pieces on hearing this.

Nikaido: What?! You aren't dating?! Ugh.....I went through so much pain by keeping an eye on you for past few weeks.

So he was spying on us. That explains why I felt like someone was watching us everywhere we visited.

Eisuke: Humph. But you see....doing buisness with a mob boss alone is dangerous even for me.

Eisuke holds up a file.
Nikaido: what is that?
Eisuke: A deal. Between us. We can work together in this project.

Wha..! I can't believe it. Eisuke...what the hell are you up to?!
I stare at him dumbstruck while he gives his trademark confident smile.

Nikaido: Hmm. You really are something. Fine, I will sign it.

They start discussing the deal as if I am not even here. As soon as Nikaido signs the paper, he smirks wickedly.
Nikaido: Hahahaha. Maybe, you are not that smart after all.
He gives some kind of signal and out of no where men with knives come out and two of them grab Eisuke.

Shizuka: NO!!!! Leave him alone!! Take me instead! Please don't do anything to him!

I don't think of anything as I say this......
No, Eisuke!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N part 2:

Hey guys I wanted to tell you that till now the story went on quite moderate but as this story is going to proceed, it is going to get smut.😏😏
Stay tuned!!! And keep supporting this story.
Share. Vote. And ofcourse comment on how you liked the story. Suggestions are always welcome.🤗