chapter 5: his protectiveness

Shizuka's pov:
Huh....ow...
I slowly open my eyes with a throbing pain in my head. What happened? Where......what is this place. I smell..salt?
Shizuka: where am I?
Voice: In a deserted warehouse near tokyo bay.
(that voice!)
I tilt my neck to the direction of the sound.
Shizuka: Carolina?!
Carolina: I don't really care who you are and stuff, for me you are just a slut who took away MY Eisuke from me!
Shizuka: What are you saying ?!
Carolina: Let us not beat around the bush. Break up with Eisuke.
Shizuka: what?! No I can't. I love him.
Carolina: still trying to keep up the act I see... Lets see if you are brave enough to speak like that after this! Boys I am done with her.
Those men in black step forward and take out a gun.
Shizuka: You really think you can kill someone as important as me so easily and get away with it?
Carolina: well the choice is yours. Break up with Eisuke or die.

I know she is a mobster's daughter. She won't hesitate to kill me. I shouldn't let my gaurd down and keep up the act.
Shizuka: Do whatever you want. I love Eisuke and I won't leave him. Ever.
Carolina: Why you little..
Shizuka: If you harm me Eisuke will hate you...forever.
Carolina: Enough! Boys, take care of this.
The men in black point the gun at me and I instinctively shut my eyes.
*bang*
I hear a sound but don't feel any pain.
Huh?
I look up to see...
Shizuka: Eisuke! Soryu!
Eisuke and Soryu easily knock down the gaurds.
Eisuke: Your joke has gone too far Carolina!
He is furious.....
Carolina: But I did all this only for you! Besides I wasn't even going to kill her. Those guns only shot skunk smell.
Now that I look closely, I see those knocked out men holding tiny bottles.
Shizuka: That was your plan.
Carolina: yes I thought if I made you smell awful you will go away from Eisuke's life and I would have him.
Eisuke: That is not gonna happen.
Soryu: If you truely loved Eisuke you should have respected his decision instead of forcing yourself on him.
Carolina:Ugh.. I can't believe I am being lectured on love. But wait. You are saying this, so that means you must worry about me Soryu! I have found true love......
Soryu: WHAT!?
Carolina: Shizuka, you can have Eisuke now cause I am in love with Soryu.
Shizuka: huh?
Eisuke: heh.
I glance up at him. He is smirking. That same devilish smirk when he plots something. Oh my god. This was his plan. To set soryu up with her. So he asked him to tag along.
Soryu is clearly irritated and barges out of the warehouse calling one of his minions.
Soryu: Inui, get the car around.
Carolina: Soryuuuuu....wait for me.
Carolina follows him out. Her men follow after her.
Now it is only me and Eisuke in the warehouse. I look at him and he smiles at me.
Not his usual smirk or his plastic smile but tender REAL smile.
Eisuke: Shizuka, you did well. I did not expect you to go to such lengths to keep up the act. And thanks to that, Carolina's attention is now turned towards Soryu.
Shizuka: That was your plan all along wasn't it?
Eisuke:A Hongkong mobster and Italian mobster's daughter. Not a bad match if you ask me.
We look at each other for a moment and then burst out laughing.
Shizuka: Man...he is going to be super pissed.
Eisuke: He will come around eventually.
Shizuka: Yeah I guess. Hehe. But Eisuke, how did you find me.
Eisuke: I always know where my things are and I don't like it when people touch them.
Shizuka: I am asking seriously though.
Eisuke: I called you a bunch of times regaurding tommorow but you never answered. I checked your phone's GPS and for some reason it showed here. So I had a hinch that it might be something like this.
Shizuka: you checked my GPS?
Eisuke: I told you I am very particular when it comes to my belongings.

This really made me happy though. I felt a little close to him. At least we are having  normal conversations and laughs now.
Shizuka: Anyway, thankyou so much for rescuing me Eisuke.
Eisuke: Come on lets go.
He takes my hand and takes me outside. The gentle ocean breeze ruffles his hair as I see the entire tokyo skyline twinkling behind him.
Shizuka: Can I go home tonight?
Eisuke stops in his tracks and turns to face me.
Eisuke: there is no way I am going to let you go anywhere on your own right now.
Shizuka: But I have work from tommorow. I can't take another day off. And you do too.
Eisuke: I know that can't be helped, but as soon as your work is over you will get back straight to the hotel and you will leave for work from the hotel. No detours without me.
Shizuka: Thats for the best right now I guess.
Eisuke: Glad you understand....for once.
Shizuka: hey!
He flashes me his confident smile and pulls me close.

Shizuka: hey!He flashes me his confident smile and pulls me close

Shizuka: uhh.. Eisuke?!
Eisuke: You really did a great job tonight you know that. Thankyou.
Shizuka: Did you just....THANK ME?!
Eisuke releases his grip on me.
Eisuke: Don't get a hang of it. It won't happen again.
Shizuka: hehe. The Eisuke Ichinomiya thanked me.
Eisuke: okay thats it.
Before I know it he slings me over his shoulder and starts walking towards the limo.
Shizuka: Eisuke what the hell! Put me down!!
Eisuke:  Its your fault for being a smartass.
Shizuka: you are such a jerk.
Eisuke: I know baby.
Shizuka: Ugh..
We get back to the penthouse and suddenly I feel dizzy.
Maybe because I haven't eaten anything since this afternoon... and then I was kidnapped. It was too much for me to handle.
Eisuke: shizuka?! Are you okay!? Hey!
Shizuka: ...

I don't know how long I have been sleeping but it feels like a long time.
I slowly open my eyes to find a different ceiling above me.Thats right.... I passed out but... This is not my room.
I tilt my head to find...
Shizuka: Eisuke?
Eisuke: Oh you are awake...thankgod.
Shizuka: where am I ?
Eisuke: In my room.
Shizuka: oh...
Eisuke: here, eat this.
Eisuke comes over to the bed with something.
Shizuka: miso soup?
Eisuke: I ordered it cause I figured you passed out due to low blood sugar. Am I correct?
Shizuka: yeah I didn't eat anything since this afternoon.
Eisuke: Don't neglect your health. I don't want anything happening to you without my permission.
Shizuka: uhh...
Eisuke: anyway, finish the soup and go to sleep. You need rest.
Shizuka: Thankyou for the soup! Its my favourite!
Eisuke: Yeah I know...
Our eyes meet after that statement and then there is a long...awkward pause. This slinece is gonna kill me!
I quickly finish the soup.
Shizuka: uh..thanks again and I should probably get some rest now so... I will be going.
Eisuke: No..sleep here tonight.
Shizuka: what?
Eisuke: I can't let you sleep alone when you aren't feeling well.
Shizuka: I am fine now.
Eisuke: Did you forget already? Only answers I accept are yes and okay.
Shizuka:*sign*fine. I will sleep here.
I lie down in Eisuke's bed extremely self conscious. I can't believe I am sleeping in same bed as Eisuke's.
Eisuke slides in besides me and within a few minutes his breathing becomes rhythmic. Huh? Did he sleep. How can he just go to sleep like that. I mean doesn't he feel awkward like I do?
I look at him. He is sleeping peacefuly.  Now that I look at him closely I notice how handsome he is. Oh my gosh, he is still so hot. His eyelashes are so long and he looks so vulnerable when he sleeps like that. Not at all like the devil he behaves all day. My heart races, knowing that I am catching a glimpse of the real him.

When Eisuke broke up with me seven years ago, I did not just lose him as my boyfriend but also as my bestfriend

When Eisuke broke up with me seven years ago, I did not just lose him as my boyfriend but also as my bestfriend. He knew me more than I did myself. Even today he brought me miso soup. Why Eisuke, why did it had to end like this between us...
I am still in my thoughts and I don't realize when I drift off to my sleep.....