chapter 8 : Unexpected entry

Shizuka's pov
I wake up and make coffee for Eisuke like everyday. This has become my daily routine now. We are getting along well too. Oh yes, thats right I almost forgot about it. I have to tell him about Nikaido.
Shizuka: Hey Eisuke.
Eisuke: mmm.
Eisuke answers without looking up from the newspaper he is reading.
Shizuka: Yesterday, when I was at the office, Nikaido of Nikaido holdings approached me. And apparently he knows about our project together.
Eisuke's expression siddenly turned very grim.
Eisuke: what did you do?
Shizuka: what did I do? Pfft. His stupid deals weren't even worth listening, so for now I have given him a generous amount of disappointment.
Eisuke's expression relaxes a bit.
Eisuke: where does your usual Clumsiness go when it comes to buisness,hmm?
Shizuka: My work is something in which I am never wrong.
Eisuke: you really are different...
Eisuke mutters something which is not audible for me.
Shizuka: Did you say something?
Eisuke: Nothing. Its getting late.
Shizuka: oh shit. I better get going.

At the office
I have quite a busy morning with lots of meetings and paperwork.
Later when I am finally free I get a phone call.
Employee: Miss Misaki, you have a guest.
Shizuka: who is it?
Employee: It is Frank Ackerson, mam.
Shizuka:oh.
I freeze at the name. It has been so long. He was one of my classmates in highschool. He even asked me out once. But when I said no, he asked if we could just be friends. He was a good friend. But Eisuke, soryu and Luke never liked him. They also had a major fight with him which I don't know much about. But it was pretty ugly and as  Frank was principal's son,
they faced a lot of problems later. But then suddenly Luke left the school and me and Eisuke...well..we broke apart too. Basically we went our own ways. I haven't seen frank ever since.
Employee: Miss, what should I do?
I am brought back to my senses with the voice on the phone and I answer.
Shizuka: Oh please escort him to the lounge and serve tea. I will be there.
Employee: yes mam.
I go to the office lounge where I see him. There is Frank Ackerson sitting on the couch with a man standing behind him which appears to be his butler. As soon as I enter Frank's face lights up.
Frank: Shizuka! Long time no see.
Shizuka: Yes its been years. How are you doing?
Frank: Absolutely wonderful. My family's hotel has become the london's number one hotel and I am now thinking of expanding.
Shizuka: oh thats great.
Frank: looks like you are doing very well too.
Shizuka: Yes, well you can say that.
Frank: Anyway, I am just glad I got to meet up today.
Shizuka: Me too. Its good to meet old friends.
Frank: well yes, but I am going to be here in Japan for a few days now so I want to meet up again.Would you like to keep your schedule open for me tomorrow. Please don't say no.
(If Eisuke finds out he would be mad. But I want to meet up with old friends. Nothing is gonna go wrong in one little meeting now is it?)
Shizuka: okay...
Frank: It is decided then!
After a little chat he leaves with his butler. Hmmm, should I tell this to Eisuke? He would probably know that Frank is in Japan but...I really want to go. I mean the fight was between the guys and him but he was always very sweet to me. Even when I broke up with Eisuke, he supported me a lot.
So it is decided then. I will go out with him tomorrow.

The man in the picture above is frank ackerson

In the evening.
I go to the suit where I find Eisuke working on his desk.
Eisuke: coffee.
Shizuka: huh, okay.
I quickly brew some coffee and take it over to him.
Shizuka: Umm, Eisuke?
Eisuke: mmm.
Shizuak: I have a favour to ask.
Eisuke: what favour?
Shizuka: well, tomorrow is my day off and I wanted to meet up with a friend. So can I go out for some time tomorrow.
Eisuke thinks for a moment.
Eisuke: Do whatever you want.
Shizuka: okay!! Thankyou so much!
Eisuke: But I want you to be here within 45 minutes if I call you.
Shizuka: fine by me.
I am glad he didn't ask too many questions. Haah...now I am looking forward for tomorrow.

Eisuke's pov
This morning shizuka told me that Akira Nikaido came to see her with a buisness proposal and she rejected it. I have to admit, she gets really smart when it comes down to buisness. But I think Nikaido is upto something and I need to figure it out. I can't believe how many days have passed since we bought her at the auction. I was really surprised back then. She looked as beautiful as ever even when she was raging with anger and going on about human trafficking. I thought she would be a huge problem, but now, she living here has become so common that I can't imagine her going back. I know this is wrong but still. Last night I lost control and hugged her. This is bad. I have to put an end to it soon. I can't get more attached to her or else....
I am thinking to myself when I hear a knock on the door.
Shizuka: May I come in?
(oh its her...perfect timing.)
Eisuke: Coffee.
Shizuka: huh, okay.
Her coffee is the best coffee I have ever tasted. I can't even drink the room service coffee anymore.
She comes back with my perfect coffee and starts speaking. She wants to go see a friend tomorrow. Well she is doing a great job so far. I might as well let her enjoy herself tomorrow.
Eisuke: Fine, but I want you back here in 45 minutes as soon as I call you.
Shizuka: Okay, Thankyou soo much!!
Pfft, that excited face of hers. She has no idea how cute she looks right now.
She really is different than those other rich scheamy women. Maybe thats why I fell for her in the first place. Ugh! What is happening to me. I shouldn't be thinking this way. She is only here to seal the deal for both of our own personal benefits. Still, I am not happy about she going out tomorrow. But I should give her some freedom. Later I receive a phone call.
Assistant: sir, I have found something important.
Eisuke: What?
Assistant: Our rival company, Nikaido holdings is planning a scheme against us. I think we should do something because thier activity is rising. I have heard that they are affiliated with a company from London. Ackerson is the name of the owner I guess.
Eisuke: Is that so. Well, find everything you can find about these two and call me again.
Now it makes sense. I get it. I have to be extra careful from now on since that daddy's boy Frank is involved.
And I have to keep Shizuka out of this at any cost. Hmmm. If we want to catch big fish ackerson, we will want the small fish Nikaido on the hook.
I feel a smirk quirking on my lips. This is going to be interesting.....