"You don't have a middle name so I can't use that. Shit." Luke muttered to himself, his eyes flicking away from Skylar's. He stared down at the table, trying to think of something else to say.

"Robert!" Skylar almost yelled, just because she thought it was funny that Luke hated his middle name so much.

"Hey!" Luke whined, his lips forming into a small pout.

"So - " Luke already knew that Skylar was about to apologize, so he cut her off.

"Are you done eating?" He asked, nodding towards her plate. It still had more than half of the burger on it and most of her fries, but Skylar wasn't planning on finishing any of it. Her nerves were too great to even think about food at the moment.

"Obviously, are you? No you're not, eat some more." Luke answered his question before even giving Skylar any time to respond to him, knowing what she was really thinking.

"I'm full." Skylar sighed, pushing her plate away from her.

"No you're not." Luke insisted. He pushed the plate back towards her, forcing her to finish.

"How would you know?" Skylar smirked at him. She rubbed her feet against his again under the table, causing Luke to let out a short giggle.

"Just eat some more, please?" Luke begged. Skylar was afraid that if she didn't start eating, Luke was going to pick up the burger himself and force her too.

"No, I'm full." Skylar shook her head. "I'm nervous, I can't eat."

"Why are you nervous?" Luke asked.

"You make me nervous. Dates make me nervous." Skylar said softly, hoping that Luke wouldn't hear what she had just let slip out of her mouth.

"Cutie." Luke giggled, "I'm not trying to make you nervous. Would you feel better if I told you that I'm nervous too? Because I am. I've never felt this way about a girl before."

"I've never really felt this way about a boy before. Well, I've really never felt any way about a boy before." Skylar laughed a little, shaking her head. "This the first time I've ever really liked someone."

"Then I'm glad, Sky. I'm glad to be your first." Luke smiled at her, standing up from his side of the booth so he could go pay the bill for their meals.

Skylar quickly finished the last of her Root Beer before getting up and following after Luke, running up behind him and grabbing his hand. She laced their fingers together and brought his arm closer to her, almost hugging it to her chest. Luke looked at Skylar and smiled, finishing paying the lady at the front of the diner.

"You're so clingy," Luke said as they exited the diner, Skylar still hugging his arm. "I love it."

"Thank you?" Skylar questioned, furrowing her eyebrows together.

Luke stopped walking and turned to Skylar, leaning down a little so he could tuck some hair behind her ear. Even with it tied up it still managed to get in her face, the hair falling in soft wispy strands in front of her eyes. Skylar often wished that her hair was different, because she could only imagine how annoying it must be for someone to talk to her while there's a ton of hair in the way.

"So..." Skylar trailed off, looking at her feet. "What now?"

"Sky, do you not remember?" Luke chuckled, staring down at her.

"Oh, right. Man with the plan." Skylar sighed, rolling her eyes at Luke. Of course he had something planned for tonight.

"Yes." Luke nodded.

"So this was dinner." Skylar said, gesturing towards the diner.

"Good observation, Sherlock." Luke sarcastically rolled his eyes, taking his hands away from Skylar and nervously shoving them in his pockets.

"I don't need your sass, Robert." Skylar snapped, and Luke shut his mouth immediately, pouting again.

"Are we going shopping now? Wait, shopping for what?" Skylar asked, looking around them. She was suddenly very confused, and wasn't sure why she hadn't bothered to ask what they would be shopping for in the first place.

"Oh, so you do remember my plan?" Luke asked, a sly smirk on his lips.

"Of course I do." Skylar laughed. She stepped forward and leaned into Luke's chest again, letting him wrap his arms around her body.

"So next is shopping, then what?" Luke asked, like he was quizzing Skylar.

"Out?" Skylar asked.

"Out." Luke nodded.

"But shopping first?" Skylar asked, tilting her head back again to look at Luke.

"Yes." Luke nodded. He grabbed Skylar's hands again and spun her around, so they were facing in the opposite direction and about to cross the street. Luke dragged her along with him, despite Skylar trying to ask more questions. "Come on, baby, the adventure continues."

-

This was another boring update but there was character development and character development is good so who cares