"This is weird." Luke laughed, glancing down at his plate.

"Why?" Skylar asked, suddenly insecure about everything. Luke was going to say that things were moving too fast, wasn't he?

"I've just never caught feelings for someone this fast, you know?" Luke asked, smiling at Skylar from across the table.

"Yeah, it's a little strange.." Skylar said, her voice fading out.

"It's okay though, right?" Luke asked, noticing her sudden change in moods once again. Skylar hated doing this to people, it was probably one of her least favorite qualities, but she didn't know how to stop. She would just start thinking too much and ruin everything. "Skybaby, don't do this to me."

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Hey." Luke almost shouted, slamming his hands down on the table.

"Sorry." Skylar said again, the word slipping out of her mouth before she could think of something else to say.

"Skylar!" Luke groaned.

"Sorry!" Skylar groaned back, not sure how else she was supposed to respond to what was going on right now. Leave it to Skylar to make things like this awkward.

"Sky, I was just trying to say that I really like you and I think it's funny that we happened to get together like this in just one day. Okay? Nothing bad, you have nothing to apologize for." Luke explained, calming Skylar down. He grabbed both of her hands, his fingers fitting perfectly between hers.

"Okay." Skylar nodded slowly, biting her bottom lip.

"Skyyyy," Luke groaned, dragging out her name. "You're such a cutie."

"Stop it." Skylar sighed, pulling away from Luke. She went back to poking at her food, still not eating much of it.

"I can't." Luke said, shaking his head. He folded his arms across his chest and leaned back in his seat, scowling at Skylar as she finished her meal.

"Yes you can." Skylar argued, taking a deep breath.

"I have a song called Don't Stop, Sky, I literally can't." Luke laughed, leaning forward again. He just couldn't seem to sit still.

"Really? Sing it for me." She tried one more time, still hoping that Luke would finally decide to sing something for her. She just wanted to hear his voice, she didn't think it would be the same until he did.

"No." Luke deadpanned, his smile slowly fading.

"Why?" Skylar asked, pouting again.

"Not here." Luke said. He glanced around the restaurant, taking in the amount of people that were in there for dinner.

"Luke." Skylar said sternly, crossing her own arms over her chest. She wished that he would just give this up and sing, it wasn't going to change anything between them, she didn't understand why it was a big deal.

"Later tonight, I promise." Luke assured her, nodding.

"You keep saying that." Skylar groaned. Luke kept promising Skylar things, and her biggest fear was that he wasn't going to be able to keep any.

"Sky." Luke said, his elbows resting on the tabletop again and his hands holding up his head.

"Luke." Skylar cracked a smile as she spoke, unable to resist how adorable he looked.

"Evans." Luke gently kicked Skylar under the table, his smile growing.

"Hemmings." Skylar shot back, kicking him in return. She still liked the little kicks and nudges and shoves. She liked how they still playfully messed around with each other, even when they had developed some new feelings for one another.