A Dance- Sam Gamgee

Prompt- Frodo tries to convince Sam to ask you to dance at Bilbo's 111th birthday. Sam resists, so Frodo takes matters into his own hands.

Warnings- none

~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just ask (Y/N) to dance," Frodo says. Sam turns around, seeing you dance happily, but by yourself. He turns back around and sighs. "No," he says. Sam takes a swig of his drink.

"Come on, Sam. The worst that can happen is her telling you no," Frodo says. Sam sighs once again. "No. That's exactly why I don't want to ask her," Sam says. Frodo frowns down at Sam.

"Fine. I'll just have to do this then..." Frodo trails off, pulling Sam up and dragging him to you. Seeing this, you giggle.

"Hi boys," you say. Sam smiles dreamily, and Frodo struggles to hold him up. "He wants to dance with you," Frodo says.

You gasp in delight. "Of course. Come on, Sam. Let's dance," you say. You take his hand and pull him onto the dance floor. "You're pretty, (Y/N)," Sam says nervously. You giggle. "Thank you Sam. Let's dance now," you say. Sam nods.

You giggle at his nervousy. "Do you know how to dance?" You ask. Sam looks down, embarrassed as he shakes his head. "Okay then. Follow my lead," you say, smiling. You take his right hand and put it on your waist, then you put your right hand on his shoulder. You hold his left hand with yours and sway to your own tempo.

He smiles giddily, and so do you. "See, not that hard, is it?" you ask. He shakes his head. He twirls you around a few times, watching you giggle in delight. "You're a great learner, Sam," you say. "Thank you, (Y/N). You're a great dancer," he says.

"Thank you, Sam," you say. He smiles like he just walked into a buffet. "I really like you, (Y/N). I have for a long time now," Sam says. You smile wider. "I like you too, Sam," you say in return.

Sam smiles, then leans in like he's about to kiss you, when a dragon flies right by your head. You duck out of the way, and watch the dragon weave through the air, then burst in the night sky. You cheer, and clap for the performance.

Sam smiles dreamily at you as you laugh and clap, juming up and down. When you catch Sam staring, you hug him. "See you, Sam," you say, walking away.