Welcome to the Penitentiary

Authors Note: Do I have any Orphan Black fans out there?! :)

Chapter 4

(Amelia's P.O.V)

I felt a rush of happiness flow through me as I shut the door of our squad car and watched Devan glare at me through the window. I opened the door to the passenger side and slid in as Harvey did the same and started the car. "You two are going to have to answer a lot of questions." He said, looking at Devan and her accomplice through the rear-view mirror.

I smirked as she huffed and sat back in her seat. You probably think I'm crazy for being so happy that we have her in custody but it's not my fault. I've been trying to capture her for five years now. The chase has finally ended and I won.

"I need to pee." I heard Devan say in her faint French accent as we started on the road towards the penitentiary. "Should have gone in the bathroom. We're not pulling over now." I said as Harvey watched the road as we got farther from the city limits and into the country. "I didn't need to go then." She stated with a smirk as I looked back at her.

"Shut your mouth. This is going to be a long ride and I don't want to have to duct tape your mouth shut." I threatened as I watched her smirk grow.

This girl really knows how to push someone's buttons. That's probably why it took us so long to capture her. All I know, is that if she keeps this up I will have to duct tape her mouth shut.

I really hated that we took the detective car right now because we didn't have any protection or wall between Devan and I. If she tried anything I don't think I would be able to pull out my taser in time.

I decided to ignore that thought as I watched a few tress pass by and looked out across the corn fields. This was so relaxing. I don't know why but after being stuck in the city for so long it was nice to see how much open space there is out in the country and how quiet it is.

"How much longer are we going to be in the car?" I heard the man in the back say. Harvey looked at me as if telling me that I would answer the question as he slowed down and passed a tractor.

I looked back at him as I felt Devans eyes on me. "About two hours." I said honestly as I heard Devan groan and my eyes met her rage filled ones. "I need to pee. Pull this damn car over." She demanded as I chuckled and shook my head. "You're the one in cuffs sweetheart, you don't make the rules." I answered as she looked into my eyes and I started to feel uncomfortable by how intimate her gaze was.

"Fine." She simply answered as I kept looking back her, making sure she wouldn't try anything. After I decided she wasn't going to get pissed and kick my seat or something I turned around and looked at Harvey. "How are we going to get them inside without anyone getting suspicious?" I asked quietly as he met my gaze then looked at the road again. "Just put your coat over her and I'll put mine over him, that will conceal their cuffs." He answered as I felt Devan stare at the side of my head.

I nodded and thought about how I was going to tell them where they were actually going when I felt Devan kick the back of my seat lightly. "Officer Barbati?" She asked in a soft tone. Hearing that soft of a sound come from her was quite odd because I knew what terrible crimes she committed so I didn't think anything about her would be nice and considerate.

I turned my body in my seat to see what she wanted but was stopped short by her lips pressing roughly into mine. My eyes grew wide as I tried to pull back away from her but she kept leaning forward even though her seatbelt was digging into her skin. Harvey quickly noticed this as my hand went to my taser and was about to pull it out of the holster. Harvey slammed on the brakes causing Devan to fly back in her seat, disconnecting our lips as Harvey pulled the car over and I grabbed my gun from the holster on the other side of my waist.